Friday, August 8, 2008

Disappearing marshmallow blondies

  DSC00072  I'm not an expert but I do think these photos came out so much better than my previous ones.  (Tell me if I'm wrong and what I can do better.)  I followed some advice given at various blogs....I took these early in the morning (natural light) and I turned off my flash.  I used the macro setting and (I think) I had it set so that the background seemed  out of focus.   How out of focus is it supposed to be?  I'll have work on that some more.  I also took a lot more photos and from different angles to increase the likelihood of getting a better shot.  Thanks to those of you that have taken the time to post helpful info for those of us starting out and a special thank you for the ones that have left encouraging comments!

Now on to the mystery of the disappearing marshmallows....I foDSC00074und this recipe at The Crepes of Wrath and followed the link to here.  I made the recipe that was posted on Baked Perfection.  I didn't change anything but will the next time.  The blondies were good but in my opinion too chocolaty.  They tasted a lot like chocolate chip cookie bars which is not a bad thing but not what I wanted.  Next time I'll cut back on the chocolate chips or perhaps use half  bittersweet and semisweet chips and maybe a few more  'mallows.  Despite the fact they weren't quite what I was hoping for the kids, my nephew, brother, and sitter all enjoyed them and in fact the sitter ate three...in a row!  (She's a chocolate fiend!)  

                          DSC00075

15 comments:

Cakebrain said...

These look fabulous! and your pics turned out great! can anything be too chocolatey? hm. I could probably inhale a few of these in a blink.

Anonymous said...

the photos are absolutely beautiful!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

cakebrain -
Thanks so much for the encouraging compliaments! I really appreciate it!

I know I'm kinda weird that way. I'm not a huge chocolate fan. I prefer dark chocolate.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

the crepes of wrath -
Thanks! I'm trying.

Lot-O-Choc said...

MM these look really good and I think your pictures turned out excellent as well.
I love your blog and will definately be visiting regularly :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Natalie-
Thank you! No left overs...that's usually a good sign. With regards to the photos I'm trying. It's all a lot of work but lots of fun and it's exciting to see read all positive comments that get left!
Thanks for coming by and I hope to not disappoint you!
Ingrid

Emily said...

These look delicious!

I think your pictures are very nice. I wouldn't mind having them bigger, because they're so beautiful.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Emiline-
Thank you! I don't know how to make my pictures larger! :-( I'm using Windows Live Writer. Any advice?

Thanks for stopping!
Ingrid

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Mmmm I WANT these! Great photos :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

How to eat a cupcake - Thanks! I'm working on taking better photos. Any suggestions?

The Caked Crusader said...

Blondies (along with macaroons) seem to be the hot thing in cake blog land at the moment and yours look particularly good!
I've never had a blondie but can now see that I "need" to!

myriam said...

oh this is how i like 'em!
thanks for stopping by at my blog. try to post more often but somethimes life is crazy and then i tend to neglect my blog (not in a mean, bad way...!) best! *myriam

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Myriam-
Thanks for taking a moment and checking out my blog! I understand completely about being crazy hectic. Hope things slow down (in a good way)!
:-)Ingrid

Nicole said...

how did I not see this post?! I think I'm bumping these up on my list of 'to bake'

Ingrid_3Bs said...

miss.cupcake.face~
Bump, baby, bump! These were yummy!
~ingrid