Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cookies & Cream Brownies

Hi.  It’s been a long time, too long.  Before I tell you about this super easy &super yummy brownie I’d like to say thanks to everyone who left comments & sent emails asking how I was doing.  It meant a lot and made my day every time I got one.   The kids and I are doing well.  Hopefully this will be a “quieter” year for us.  I don’t know how much I’ll be blogging but I’m not going to let it get to this point again. The awkward, I don’t know where to begin one.  I’m thinking we start with brownies………

cookies-cream brownies-4855

Cookies & cream brownies to be exact.  :)  I made them to give as a thank you to a few of the lunch ladies at Babygirl’s school.  I was in charge of planning the teacher’s Welcome Back Breakfast this year and they catered it.  I don’t know if they liked them, but I can tell you these were a big hit with my three.

I adapted the recipe from one I made before that I found on Karen’s blog Mignardise.  I’m not going to give you a recipe for the brownie base.  Just use your favorite one or a  box like I did.  Are you shocked by my craziness?  Don’t be.  I’ve yet to have someone ask me if my brownies were boxed and I haven’t found a homemade recipe that rocked my world so, boxed it is. 

Cookies & Cream Brownies

*One batch brownies with chopped up Oreos added.

*Cookies & Cream Frosting, doubled :)

2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp. heavy cream, plus a little extra
approx. 8 oreos, crushed well
Combine all frosting ingredients except the oreos and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. You may need to add a bit more heavy cream to get a spreadable consistency. Mix in crushed oreos (more or less). Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownies.

You can fancy these up by topping each bar with an oreo cookie half like I did or you can top the whole thing with ganache thus smothering the “cream” between two layers of chocolate.

Enjoy!

cookies-cream brownies-4812

42 comments:

mylittleadventures said...

welcome back! i've missed your entries! this oreo brownie looks A-mazing :D

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Glad to read you again! Those Brownies look just divine.

Cheers,

Rosa

Cristine said...

Glad to see you back!!! The brownies look AWESOME!!!

Julie said...

Brownies are always a good place to start. Hope you have a calm and sane year, me too as far as that goes..ha!

Keeping up with the Freitas' said...

Welcome back!!! You have been greatly missed and I only hope that everything is ok. Chocolate is always a great place to re-enter the blogging world - these look amazing!

Foodiewife said...

It's nice to see you again! Great choice, to start with. Who doesn't love brownies? Topping it with oreo icing would make these irresistible.
Breath, mom. Blog when you can. You have a fan base.

Danae said...

Welcome back! We missed you! These look absolutely delicious. And I'm with you.. I've had some good homemade brownies, but honestly, boxed is still my favorite.

Valerie said...

Gotta live life and sometimes that keeps us away from the computer, but glad you could post this delicious recipe. They look so perfectly pretty.

Unknown said...

Holy wonderfullness!

Lynn said...

Welcome back, Ingrid! Your brownies look amazing!!

Monica H said...

And you're back with a chocolate dessert! It doesn't get much better than that :-)

Glad you're back to blogging. I thought I was going to have to head to Florida to kick your butt in gear. Ha!

Get Off Your Butt and Bake! said...

What a nice surprise! I've missed you as well. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that is a must try!

Katy ~ said...

Soooooo very good to see you, Dear One! I have oftenthought of you, but alas was neglectful to drop you a line.

LOL about the brownie mix. I have been making myself crazy looking at brownie recipes, but I think you are right. A mix is more than delcious~they can be quite delicious.

Your dolled up version looks super!

Faith said...

It's so good to see a post from you, Ingrid! And what a post it is, I love oreos and in brownie form they really look perfect!

Kerstin said...

Welcome back! And these brownies are certainly the perfect thing to post first - YUM!

Janell said...

oh my that looks so yum!

teresa said...

hey! welcome back! this is a perfect way to make a re-entrance. they look divine!

Rachel & Darrin said...

These look so yummy! It's nice to have you back :) I'll definitely have to try these!

Lori said...

And what a beginning it is. Welcome back girl- I missed visiting and "chatting". These brownies look superb.

White Toast with Butter said...

Glad you are back!

Allie said...

Welcome back! I have missed your posts and actually thought about emailing you last week to check in.. The brownies look divine! I can't wait to try them :)

grace said...

my sweet tooth has missed you, ingrid--welcome back! these brownies are beautiful, both in ideation, execution, and presentation--bravo!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful creation. I'm new here and have just finished spending some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with starting with brownies!! These look fabulous! Welcome back!! We missed you!!!!

Nella said...

Ingrid,

So glad to have you and your sweet recipes back.

You were missed by many.

Nella

Mimi said...

What a nice surprise to come home from vacation and find you in my google reader. So happy that you are back.
Mimi

Dining Alone said...

Well I love baseball and books, and I fear baking. Maybe I will learn a few things from your blog.

Avril said...

Oh Hooray Ingrid! I've missed you SO much!!!

Lisa said...

I've been checking your blog twice a month for quite some time now. Looks like I missed this post by one dau. So glad to have you back blogging! Those oreo bars look sinful, in a good way, of course ;)

kimberleyblue said...

Welcome back! Happy to see you're okay, and happy to see these delicious-looking brownies. They sound so sweet and wonderful.

Heather Baird said...

Delicious! So glad you are back. :)

becky said...

very happy to have you back :) these look delicious, but i'm bananas about the idea of smothering them in ganache!!

Lynn said...

Just wanted to pop by and thank you for being one of the bloggers who introduced me to the joys of panzanella a couple years ago. It's now one of my family's summertime favorites. Hope everything's good in your world. Keep baking :)

gaga said...

Oh my goodness, that looks heavenly! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!! :)

Kristen said...

So glad to see you back - and glad to hear you are enjoying a quieter pace and life in general.
These brownies look pretty darn incredible!

Julie said...

Ah, another reason to have oreos around the house! Can't wait to try this recipe.

Jaime said...

those look awesome and I would love to try it! I haven't been visiting other blogs for quite a while now :( my little one takes up so much of my time now... I've even thought about ending my blog but I just don't have the heart to do it. I am not sure what was going on in your life, but I hope that you are doing well.

Robin said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ingrid! Miss you much and hope you have an amazing day.

Kristin said...

I vote for a layer of ganache topped with an oreo! Why not have both?

Tanya said...

Was the frosting recipe for a 9x9 (or 8x8) pan? Or for a 9x13 batch? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Well I for one about fell on the floor! So happy to see a post, and know that you and your family are doing well. Love you ingrid!
Jonna from Just get off your butt and Bake