Monday, October 18, 2010

Sour Cream Pound Cake

I’ve got blogger’s block, which I think stems from my dislike of the photos of this pound cake but it’s a good solid recipe and it wouldn’t be right not to tell you about it.  Especially if you have a cup or so of sour cream needing to be used.  :) 

sour cream bundt3

This pound cake was very good, great even but The best?  I’m not sure.  It’s got a tight crumb typical for pound cake but it’s not dry or crumbly and tastes even better the next day.  It is also easy to whip up.  I did make one “major” instead of using vanilla I used KAF’s fiori di sicilia.  I’ve been wanting to try it for awhile and finally caved in and ordered some about a month ago.  I don’t think it will replace vanilla as my first love but it’s definitely an interesting flavor. 

sour-cream-bundt2

Sour Cream Pound Cake, a Paula Deen recipe

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla, I used fiori di sicilia

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time. Add the vanilla and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.

Post a Comment