Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Tale of Two (Mini) Cheesecakes.

The story starts off like this41NSB26523L__SL500_AA280_…. for Mother’s Day, Daddy, my father that  lives in New York sent me a Mother’s Day card along with a check to buy myself a gift.  With that no guilt money I bought this mini cheesecake pan which I had been lusting over for sometime.  (btw, it’s now even cheaper!)  I’m happy to say that I actually used it the very same day I received it in the mail.  Wondering what recipe to make and excitedly opening the package I found a cheesecake recipe printed right on the side box.  Not only was it a recipe made to use with this particular pan it turned out to be a very good recipe.  The recipe came together very quickly and with no trouble at all.  The most troublesome part is the waiting.  Wait for the cream cheese to soften.  Wait for the cheesecakes to chill. 

DSC01728

NorPro Mini Cheesecakes

Ingredients

  • 1 (12 oz) package of vanilla wafers or favorite cookie (I used oreos)
  • 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 C. white sugar
  • 2 eggs, room temp
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I also added a splash of almond & didn’t quite add the full amt of vanilla)

Directions

Preheat oven to 35o.  Lightly grease tins.  Crush cookies (I added a couple of TB of melted butter to help in bind it together.) and even place crushed cookies into each tin.  In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Fill each tin with the cream cheese mixture, almost to the top.  Bake for 15 mins.  Cool.  (The recipe does not say anything about chilling it in the fridge for a few hours but that’s kind of a no brainer.) 

 

Jumping forward to few weeks ago, I saw these mini cookies and cream cheesecakes on DSC02911-1Bake or Break. Unknowingly at the very same time I spied them, Monica at Lick the Bowl Good had as well.  During the course of the week Monica and I found out that we each had intentions of baking said cheesecakes that coming weekend.  Without really verbalizing it we decided to bake these “together”.  She actually made hers earlier in the weekend and sent me along an email with some tips and I with her helpful tips in mind made my minis on Sunday night.  Please, go and hop over to check hers out.  Her photos are stellar and I know they’ll do the recipe justice.   Monica has also been very patiently waiting for me to get my butt in gear and post this!DSC02901-1

Cookies and Cream Mini Cheesecakes **

  • 42 Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
  • 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 275°. Line standard muffin pans with liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Gradually sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.

Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies.

Divide batter among pans. Bake for about 22 minutes or until filling is set.

Cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove from pans just before serving.

Makes 30 cheesecakes

**The only change I made was to use my mini cheesecake pan along with my muffin pan.  With the smaller pan I adjusted the bake time and watched closely for that just set look. I ended up with twelve mini cheesecakes and six standard muffin size ones.  In an email to me Monica mentioned that her cheesecakes shrunk a bit and suggested filling the batter to the top as opposed to 3/4 of the way.  I filled mine to the tippy tippy top and had no incidents of shrinkage with either pan.

This tale isn’t over as I foresee more mini cheesecakes in my future and I’m going to try using my pan for other desserts as well. 

*Note>>>Miss Karolyn took the photos of my oreo cheesecakes.

Technorati Tags: ,

46 comments:

oneordinaryday said...

Mmmm. They look awesome! I love mini cheesecake. I don't know why, but I prefer it over the full-size version. Go figure. I did a lot of "catering" over the holidays and mini cheesecakes were my biggest orders. I guess everyone loves 'em.

Monica H said...

Ingrid! I don't know what you were so worried about. These look fantastic and I'm a little jealous because I like the results of your new cheesecake pan. They look so smooth!

Great job sweetie!

BTW, which cheesecake did you like better? I like the ease of using the whole oreo as the base, but I like the look of the chunky crumbled oreos- yummy!

Can't wait to bake with you again in the future!

Donna-FFW said...

These look fabulous Ingrid!! My kiddos love the oreos so I know theyd be a winner here. Your photos look incredible, and I love the pan!

Bunny said...

Girl you have me speechless! These are gorgeous! I need one of these pans!

Baking Momma said...

I love me some cheesecake and those came out awesome. They look so darn good! Can't wait to try them out.

Julie said...

Those are the cutest! They look so yummy :)

Nicole said...

these look great. I've been eyeing a pan like that but haven't gotten around to convincing Josh to let me get it yet. He's not fond of cheesecake :(

Maybe these'll help convince him!

Karine said...

They look gorgeous! I love oreo cookies with cheesecake; it is a great comnbo!

Noodlegirl said...

They look so delicious ha if I made it I would just eat it all myself lol

Cristine said...

Oh, you're killing me!!! Your minis look absolutely perfect and so scrumptious! I don't think I'd be able to control myself with those around!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is so thoughtful of him! I'd love to own such a pan... Those mini cheesecakes are very cute and extremely tempting!

Cheers,

Rosa

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love cheesecakes big and small!

cookies and cups said...

How cool! I have never seen a pan like that! They look great!

Lo said...

Cutest cheesecakes ever!!
I particularly love the oreo cookies sticking out the top. LOVE it.

Pam said...

They look so cute and tasty. Yum.

grace said...

what an awesome pan--anything that can expedite cheesecake's presence in my mouth is a blessing. cookies and cream for me, please. :)

lettergirl said...

These look delicious!! And now, I want a mini-cheesecake pan. Darn it, Ingrid!!

jamie said...

Holy YUM!

I have this same pan and have not used it yet! You may have just given me some inspiration!

Reeni said...

These are so gorgeous, Ingrid! That turned out perfect - and they look so yummy!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Now, those are seriously darling! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! i want one. Your mini cookie cheesecakes look amazing. YUM.

Maria said...

Those are too stinking cute! What a great little treat!

April said...

Oh Ingrid! These look so good! and pretty! I have the same little pan, and I agree, waiting is the hard part!

avesta said...

The cheesecakes look great!!!! I love oreo with cheesecake...so good!!!

Kerstin said...

They're so adorable and who doesn't love Oreos? Yum! I really want to get a mini-cheesecake pan too!

Jin Hooi said...

Hey Ingrid, your mini cheesecakes look delicious !!!! so pretty !! wow.. I havent't visited your blog for a while and your baking has improved heaps!! well done, u r baking like a pro now !!!;-) good job girl

Susan @ SGCC said...

Wow! These look just perfect! So adorable! I love that pan too. (I've heard that the calories don't count when you use minis!) ;)

Unknown said...

I have the same pan but have not yet used it. Your cheesecakes look so cute!!!

Pumpkin said...

Hi! I know- it's been forever, right?
I've been reading your back posts that I missed in the past month (I kinda took a break from the internet.) Wow, you've made some lovely things (like the pb ganache, which I just wanted to lick straight off that brownie!)

These cheesecakes are so freaking adorable- they look like little jewels, especially with the oreo on top!

teresa said...

My husband wants to make these this very instant! These look awesome!

Robin said...

These look great. What fun little treats! I will have to look into that pan, now I am coveting!!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Great job! These look gorgeous!

cindy* said...

i've had my eye on that pan too! but, storage space dictates that i cannot have anymore pans...for now ;) the cheesecakes look like they turned out fantastically! yummy!

Zoe said...

Mmm I love cheesecake so much..I hate waiting too!

Teanna said...

A. Ma. Zing. I NEED a mini cheesecake pan, but mostly, I NEED those oreo cheesecakes!

Jaime said...

those are adorable!!! perfect for entertaining

UPrinting said...

Those mini cheesecakes are so pretty. People would probably hesitate to eat it because it will ruin the cheesecake, haha!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Abby said...

I bookmarked Jennifer's recipe, too! Brad loves anything cookies and cream so I know it will be a hit when I get around to it!

I've had a mini cheesecake pan on my amazon wishlist for YEARS. Seriously.

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

I love my mini cheesecake pan too. Totally worth the expense because everything looks so much cuter baked in it! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Amanda said...

OH MY GOD

Those look awesome!

Priyanka said...

Awesome post. I love cookies and cream cheesecakes. I will try this recipe at home for my family. Keep posting such kind of recipes.

website marketing

Uk Ties said...

I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome site!

Lose Weight Running said...

Thanks for this post. It Very nice article. It was a very good article. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good article again.

managed it services brisbane said...

Thanks for this post. It Very nice article. It was a very good article. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good article again.

Costa rica dental said...

I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

hinsdale dentist said...

2. Those cheesecakes look delicious. Just remember to brush your teeth after eating them to prevent cavities