Sunday, July 26, 2009

A New Favorite “Salted” Blondies

DSC01782

I really love this blondie recipe.  I saw the photo for it on Tastespotting, followed it over to The Delicious Life, and made the original recipe which was a very yummy Heath Bar Blondies.  Sarah is right in that this is the easiest dessert. 

DSC01774

The Heath Bar Blondies went so fast I didn’t get to take any photos.  (Monica, I stink!) Because they were so good I had no problems baking a second batch a day or two later so I could photos to share with you.  I did though decide to shake things up a bit.  The photos you see here are of the second batch made with Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and (half ) topped with macadamia nuts.   Next time the whole thing gets nuts!

DSC01780I think what made me fall in love with these blondies was the occasional hint of salty from the coarse sea salt I used.  I now realize what everyone was talking about last year when they were topping everything with a sprinkling of sea salt.   You guys know what you’re talking about.  Who am I to question!

DSC01767

DSC01783This just may be my new “go to” recipe for blondies.  (Nope!  This recipe won’t be used as the base of my beloved snickerdoodle blondies!  :)) I’m certain butterscotch chips would be a yummy addition but I’m thinking chopped PB cups next.

Heath Bar Blondies Recipe

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×9 baking pan. (You can use an 8×8; the blondies will just be slightly taller.)

Into a large mixing bowl, sift together: 1 c. all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt (I used coarse sea salt. For the second batch I wasn’t as careful to measure a 1/2 tsp which meant I added a granule or two more).

In a large bowl, beat together 1 c brown sugar with 1 stick melted butter. Add 1 large egg and ¼ tsp vanilla.

Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture along with 1 c. coarsely chopped Heath bars(I used Heath baking pieces with the first batch & then white chocolate chips for the second.  On the second batch I also topped half the pan with a handful of chopped macadamia nuts.) Pour batter into pan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool (if you have the patience, I didn’t which is why you see a missing piece!) before cutting into squares.

DSC01787

I know I posted a lot of photos but I couldn’t help it.  I just LOVED these blondies.  They were also delish nuked for about 1o seconds and topped with vanilla ice cream. :)

Post a Comment