Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Raspberry Cream Cheese Buns

I made these the weekend of Mother's Day for my raspberry lovin' Mom who was visiting that weekend from NC. Whenever I see raspberries they make me think of my mom.  So it was a given that these would make an appearance during her visit home after I had seen them on Bake or Break.

DSC01599-1

Both my Mom and Dad loved these!  I thought they were very good as well but I might have gone a little overboard with the jam, dolloping a few more times than the recipe stated to.  :)

Raspberry Cream Cheese Buns

Recipe from The Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook.

  • 1 cup + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup raspberry preserves

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a large (1-cup capacity) 12-cup muffin tin.*

Combine 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar on low speed of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Add dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Add remaining 3/4 cup flour and mix until combined.

Spoon batter into muffin cups. Top with 3 small dollops of preserves and swirl into the batter using a small knife.

Bake for 20-25 minutes,* or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.

Makes 12 buns.*

*For regular sized muffin tins, decrease baking time by 2-3 minutes. Makes about 20 buns. (I made 18 and had just a wee bit of batter left over.)

DSC01597-1

Don’t ask me why I didn’t pop out one of the buns and take a photo of it and its yummy jam filled belly.  :(

Katie from Salt and Chocolate made a blueberry version of these.

Technorati Tags: ,,

41 comments:

Creative Classroom Core said...

Ive just bookmarked this one! Looks fantastic! I will be making it soon!

Deborah said...

Raspberry and cream cheese - a perfect combination!

Steph said...

I love raspberries! These look rich and delicious.

Noodlegirl said...

oh goodness that looks so good! You know I been looking at the cup cake book but not made anything yet lol I still waiting to do so in Sept/Oct when I am back in my own home

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those must be extremely scrumptious! A wonderful combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Monica H said...

Why didn’t you "pop out one of the buns and take a photo of it and its yummy jam filled belly?"

These look lovely even from the top. Your momma is one lucky lady! I'm looking forward to seeing the other treats you made for her :-)

Cristine said...

Sounds and looks fantastic! YUM!

Donna-FFW said...

Oh I think I will have to make a strawberry version of these. I have the pan, cant wait to try them. They sound fantastic!!

Denise said...

These look so yummy and I do love raspberry

oneordinaryday said...

Oh, red raspberries are my favorite food in all the world. I have to try this.
I have so many preserves in the fridge right now (left from the bridezilla disaster) that I might try a variety.
Bookmarking right now....

(Missing your baby? Bet he's having fun w/ gma and gpa. How'd he get to be the lucky one to go all alone?)

♥Rosie♥ said...

Raspberry & cream cheese a great combo. They really sound & look fantastic!!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Those sound perfect for summer!

grace said...

what's not to love? they're lovely to see and come on--raspberry preserves are always welcome in my mouth. great mother's day treat. :)

Smitten Sugar said...

Yum these look delish!

Lori said...

I LOVE raspberries. THese would be so delicious.

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious. I'll have to try them.

Sara said...

You can never have too much jam! These look so good, you always have the best recipes.

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Mmm I LOVE raspberries and cream cheese!!

teresa said...

What a delicious treat! I love the cream cheese and berry combo!

Bunny said...

These look fantastic Ingrid! They look very moist, just the way I love muffins!

hannah queen | honey & jam said...

This looks so fantastic.

Kerstin said...

Cream cheese and raspberries - yum, sounds so good!

Maris said...

Lucky mom! These sound fantastic.

Emily said...

Wow, I love anything with raspberry preserves. These look delish!

Hilary said...

I saw these on Bake or Break too! So do they basically turn out like a muffin? What exactly is 'bun'-ish about them?

Debbie said...

They look delicious! They have to be since they have raspberries in them!

Nicole said...

these look really really good! I've made some that were similar and they were pretty good. I hadn't added enough jam.

Julie said...

They look great...I doubt you went overboard with the jam. More is always better, right??

maris said...

Perfect combination - yum!

Talita said...

This sounds great! I never tried something like that.

Shelby said...

Made with Raspberries - Grumpy would love!

lisa (dandysugar) said...

Ingrid, these look fantastic! Must be so delicious and moist with the cream cheese and yummy raspberry preserves!

Hope you had a wonderful 4th!!!

CookiePie said...

YUM - those look delicious! You can never have too much jam, imo :)

Lisa said...

Most fruit, especially raspberries and strawberries, with cream cheese, slays me! I have a great raspberry cheesecake 'cake' recipe that I think you'd LOVE!

That said, gorgeous job, Ingrid, they look amazing!

Finally, how 'nout them Yanks? :)

Abby said...

They look so great! And very pretty. I have some jam and cream cheese that needs to be used up....

Zurin said...

wld have loved to se them out of the pan...:) but they look soooo good...will make some soon..very soon..tq for sharing

Snooky doodle said...

rasberry and cream cheese must be awesome!

Jaime said...

i would loved one of those now!

you know, i usually don't mind a bit of coffee powder in my chocolate sweets b/c it enhances the flavor but in those brownies the flavor was too strong for me

ErinsFoodFiles said...

I could go for one of those right now!

UPrinting said...

No wonder your parents love these. Who hates cream cheese and raspberry anyway? :D
They look yummy... thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

cooooool! :)大月映莊園,定風波,佳佳民宿,沙古拉民宿,太魯閣,花蓮,桂林民宿,無名小築,和風民宿,桔園,曼特寧,泰德民宿,幸福,農園,河堤雅舍,海之戀,山緹庭園民宿,方翊民宿,休閒民宿,民宿,景觀民宿,民宿,渡假民宿,有間客棧,花弄房,山郡民宿,四季,樂以居,法洛米,雅爾富之家,吉昌之家,花園民宿,外出小窩,休閒民宿,民宿,拾穗田園,羊兒煙囪,庭園民宿,峇里戀人,田園民宿,真善美民宿,曉雨浪漫館,立群花園民宿,田園民宿,湘緣小築,渡假套房,仁光民宿,梅蘭民宿,福居民宿,洄瀾灣,水庭,漁夫民宿,渡假花園,花園民宿,山之谷民宿,羽庭居民宿,峇里情人,水月花都,香格里拉,休閒民宿,麻吉的家,晴光,貓頭鷹,松木居民宿,庭園民宿,築園民宿,居亭民宿,雅馨民宿,站前9號,春夏秋冬