Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just the Ganache Please

DSC01805 This isn’t about the brownies though they were very good.  This is about the ganache that I topped the brownies with.  Now this isn’t any ordinary ganache.  Not your run of the mill ganache.  No, ma’am! This is a finger licking, last drop getting peanut butter chocolate ganache!  Do you see where I’m going with this?  It was insanely good. 

DSC01811

For me the ganache was the perfect balance of peanut butter and chocolate.  It was so silky and smooth when I poured it over the brownies.  I don’t know if it was because the brownies were not long out of the oven but the wonderful aroma of chocolate and peanut butter was intoxicating.  I know I’m going on and on but think about it. I don’t even really like peanut butter or chocolate.  I generally avoid the two unless they’re together.  Together they’re better, good even and sometimes like with this ganache, they’re magical!

DSC01816

Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Recipe

Ingredients You Will Need: (I only made half the recipe)
1 cup heavy cream
1 ½ cups chocolate chip morsels (I used a combination of Ghirardelli semi-sweet & dark)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
¾ cup powdered sugar
½ cup smooth peanut butter

In a small saucepan, combine the cream, powdered sugar, chocolate chip morsels and butter over low heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the peanut butter at the same time. Stir until smooth.

Ganache will be too hot to spread or pour. Set in the refrigerator for several minutes. Then place the ganache on the counter and stir once or twice over the next ten minutes until it has reached the desired consistency.  (I was in a hurry so I didn’t follow this step completely.)DSC01823

The brownies were for a BBQ that my neighbor across the street was having.  They started with a box mix.  I’m not certain which but I added some Reese’s mini baking cups.  From the photo you can see how they sunk to the bottom.  I hate that.  Luckily I had the peanut butter chocolate ganache to consol myself with.

* Here are some photos of the Twins playing baseball at Cooperstown.  These were my faves!  Jalen’s pitching and Devon’s batting.

IMG_0679 IMG_0681 IMG_0682 IMG_0683 IMG_0684 IMG_0685 IMG_0686

IMG_0595 IMG_0596 IMG_0597 IMG_0598IMG_0599 

Post a Comment