Monday, January 24, 2011

Reaching Out

One of the first things I learned about food bloggers was, that they were a generous and compassionate group.  They banded tightly together in times of need and freely gave of themselves.  A recent example of this was when Monica blogged about a dear blogger friend that passed away.  Monica never meet Jeanette but still felt a strong less of loss at her passing. The supportive comments Monica received were amazing.  Going a little further back, another example was when  Ericka, a fellow blogger and her family were lucky to escape a fire that took her home and all her possessions.  The out pouring of support she was given was incredible.  I didn’t know her but soon felt like I did after reading about her and her story on many blogs.  Those are just two examples.  There are many others and I’m hoping that same supportive spirit will continue on and be bestowed on the family of another blogger. 

This afternoon I received an email from Michelle of One Ordinary Day.  Michelle’s sister Bea and her family lost their home on Saturday morning to a fire.  Thankfully everyone made it out alive.  However, Bea’s husband did not escape unscathed.  Given what could have been, they’re very thankful but it’s hard to ignore the fact that their home and all their possessions were lost.  Yes, they can be replaced but it’s so hard when it’s everything.  Michelle has a short post about it on her blog.  She doesn’t go into many details but does ask for your prayers and good thoughts.  I hope you’ll take a few minutes to visit Michelle and extend Bea’s family good wishes.  I know times are tough and I hate to ask but if you are able to, please consider making a small donation, every little bit helps. Thank you!

38 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

It is always sad when something happens to our fellow bloggers... I'll visit Michelle's blog...

Cheers,

Rosa

oneordinaryday said...

Love you, Ingrid.
Thank you for this. Bea is very touched and grateful.

teresa said...

thank you for letting us know, and for being a good friend. i am always so touched at the love and support in the blogging community too.

Barbara said...

Bloggers are a supportive group, Ingrid. On my way over now.

Debbie said...

Thanks for letting us know Ingrid...I'll be heading over there.

Unknown said...

what a sweetheart you are for lending your support as well in this time of need. Michelle and Bea are lucky to know you.

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Thanks for letting us know Ingrid. Sending prayers and hugs their way. You are a great friend!

Faith said...

I agree, bloggers are an amazingly compassionate and wonderful group. I'm off to read Michelle's post and see what I can do to help!

Monica H said...

You are such a great friend. I hold her family in my prayers.

Crepes of Wrath said...

Thanks for spreading the word about this! I went over a donated what I could.

The Blonde Duck said...

Food bloggers are the kindest bloggers I know. Most bloggers only care about their own sites, but food bloggers are so generous!

Leslie said...

I will pray for them! Food bloggers rock!

Anonymous said...

What a tragedy. My prayers for these families...

Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer said...

So true! What a nice gesture :)

Kristen said...

What a lovely post Ingrid - very thoughtful

Elle Bee said...

What a sad situation! :o( I'm headed over to offer a word of encouragement.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet gesture. I agree that the food blogging community is an awesome one!

Eliana said...

This is reason why I love our food blogger community. Thanks so much for sharing this with us Ingrid :)

Unknown said...

My thought's and prayer's are with her family.

God Bless

Diana's Cocina said...

Hi! Just thought I would say hello and I want you to know I'm missing you! LOL! Hope all is well. ♥

Robin said...

Haven't talked to you in ages Ingrid. Hope all is well, but I bet you are busy, busy, busy! Ball starts for us in a few weeks, so I will be living in my van. Ha!
Take care, just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know I miss you!

The Blonde Duck said...

Hope you're ok!

Get off your butt and BAKE! said...

Where are you Ingrid? I'm missing your posts!

Robin said...

Ack! Was Devon Ok? We are all better here now. I did the 4 weeks of paleo but went off in the 3rd week due to illness and only wanted things like toast and crackers- couldn't taste anything. The only problem I did not get to take my follow up fitness test due to..... BASEBALL!!! But it is all about giving my kids a nice childhood so what's a few sacrifices! I did get stronger and broke some personal bests in wieght lifting too. Good to hear from you. Hope you find some rest in your busy-ness!

Heather S-G said...

Just stopped by to say HI, Ingrid...I hope all is well =)

White Toast with Butter said...

Ingrid - been so crazy busy lately and just stopped by and no posts since January - are you okay?

Reeni said...

Dropped by to say hi Ingrid! Hope all is well with you! I miss your goodies. xoxo

Robin said...

Oh my word! Baseball has started for my Deven and on some Sundays he is having 2 practices! It is like a revolving door here. I am sure you are in the thick of things too, hang in there. Miss you!
Robin Sue

Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer said...

Ingrid! Just checking in :) Hope all is well with you and your family!

Lisa said...

Ingrid, hope all is well with you and yours. You've been MIA for quite a while now. Wanted to call, but decided to wait a bit just in case you're super busy. Hope to hear or see something soon.

kimberleyblue said...

Hey! Let me chime in with a similar "missing you" comment!

Hope all is well.

Diana's Cocina said...

Hello!! Just checking on you...hope all is well. Miss you.

teresa said...

stopping in to say hello, i hope all is well! xox

Cleaners London said...

That is why we should stick together!And this makes us better persons!

Essay Writing said...

Wow, they look YUM!! I will definitely be trying that recipe out

Cristine said...

Stopping by to say hi! Hope you are doing well!

The Blonde Duck said...

I published the Gift!

*^_^* said...

We all are always here to support you.