Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Little Late

I know the holiday party season is long gone but if you don’t know or haven’t already tried Hickory Farms sausages and cheeses you might be missing out.

hickory farms1

I was a lucky recipient of a small Hickory Farms gift pack through Food Buzz’s Tastemakers program.  I actually received it just before Thanksgiving though it wasn’t until New Year’s Eve that we sampled it.  We loved it especially the kids.  They gobbled  it up faster than I could cut it.  I’m not one to blog about savory foods (Kudos to you guys that do!  It’s tough getting good photos!) but I thought it worth mentioning.  And really you don’t have to wait for a party to serve it.  You can do like I do and feed it to the kiddos as an after school snack.

hickory farms2


I want to thank you  for sticking with me these past few weeks.  I know I haven’t been around and my commenting has been sparse.  I’d like to say that I’ll be better but it may be a few more weeks before I’m back into the swing of things. 

Now for the reason I’ve been MIA.  As most of you know I got a dslr back in July, well I’ve been teaching myself how to use it.  In order to do that I have to read,read, read, and practice, practice,practice.  At the same time I’m trying to master my camera and the manual setting I still have to work fulltime, “keep house”, raise three children, and juggle all their activities.  It isn’t easy and I don’t know how the rest of you guys manage but it’s tough juggling act.  It’s a poor excuse for my neglect of our friendship but it’s the only one I’ve got.  :)  You know, it’s partially your fault too.  All your  lovely comments on my photos and how I’ve improved is what encouraged me to really dive in and learn more. 

I didn’t intend to share as I’m kinda nervous about what you’ll think but I’m participating in a Project 365 and post my daily photo here if you’re interested.  (Please, don’t feel like you need to visit or comment.)  Thanks!

17 comments:

Kristen said...

Just taking a rare morning where I can blog surf a little - I love what you've posted that I've missed.

Karen @ Mignardise said...

Good for you doing the 365 Project. It certainly tempts me too. It's a great way to improve your skills. Yours are looking pretty awesome!
No excuses needed. We ALL have stuff to do in our regular lives. Not sure how some people can blog everyday. It would be nice, but never going to happen for me! Just keep on doing what you're doing Ingrid!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Lovely products! Great to know that you taking part in the 365 project!

Cheers,

Rosa

Keeley said...

Thanks for telling me about the 365 project. You're one of the bloggers who inspired me to get a DSLR and I'm really excited to see how your photography is improving!

I love baking sweet stuff, but I figured we need to eat "real" food to live, so I had to do the savory thing, too on my blog :)

Leslie said...

Gril..I hear ya. It is so difficult to balance a life and all the pressures of blogging!!!!

Unknown said...

Good for you! ....smiles.

teresa said...

i'm just kicking myself for not taking advantage of that giveaway. YUM!

we're always here when you are able to post, no worries. i've definitely taken a break or two!

Sherry G said...

I know what you mean about the juggling act. Sometimes I blog a lot, and then sometime passes where I just don't have the time! Just do what you can and we will all still support you=)

Lucie said...

Yet another blog I'm happy to add to my daily list! It'll be really nice to follow your achievements in photography.

Debbie said...

Your pics are great Ingrid and hope you enjoy the 365 project. Just blog when you can....we are always here. The main thing is to enjoy it!

Lorie said...

Do not pressure yourself to comment on everyone's blog every day! I had to get over that myself. I will never be offended by "no" comments.:o)

I am also trying to learn about my camera and PS elements--there is so much to learn-- but I'm not really posting pics right now.

Robin said...

Hey I did pop over to your photo site. Great to see your kids there. They are beautiful and growing up so quickly! Now we need to see a pic of you!! I wish I had more time to improve my skills as well, it totally is a juggle! Some day!

michellemabell said...

Ingrid,
I think that is awesome. I still have no idea really use my camera. It does take time!! I would love for you to post your daily photo and maybe even a tip or too!
Have a great day!
michelle

Unknown said...

Oh good for you for doing a Project 365!! I'm going to do one one of these days.

For years and years all I wanted for Christmas was a Hickory Farms meat and cheese gift pack. I asked for one every year but my mother always told me no, I was too young, it was a dumb gift. I talked about it so much and at every Christmas that FINALLY one year people listened. Of course, I talked about it so much that I ended up getting 3 that year! LOL! They are super duper yummy and I want some right now please!

Monica H said...

I'm glad you posted about this because 1). I never did and 2). it looks good and now I want some!

Eliana said...

Forget the holidays. I can enjoy this sort of stuff all year long!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I so remember Hickory Farms from the mall when I was a kid but I have to admit I haven't seen a store in FOREVER!!! I love love loved their sausages. Thanks for bringing this forgotten memory back! I'm going to have to go check them out again.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com