Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An award & off on a tangent

lovely_blog_awardThank you Jodi for the lovely award.  Jodi has a wonderful blog herself called Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow.  Isn't that a great name?  I love it.  A thought we all need to keep in mind.

The rules to accept this award are to link to the person who gave you the award as well as select seven bloggers to pass this award on to.

I hate passing on awards.  Okay, that didn't come out right.  I hate having to chose a few bloggers that I'm supposed to pass an award to.  You've it heard before I know but there are so many really good blogs out there and not just the "famous" ones but ones that are entertaining, thought provoking, or have tried and true recipes that they are passing along. It's difficult to chose.  When you're new to blogging getting those first couple of awards are exhilarating and keep you motivated in trying to put your best foot forward. 

I'm comfortable with my blog. I'm never going to write a cookbook, win awards for outstanding photography, or write witty passages that everyone is anxious to read.  I'm the "every man's" blog.  Maybe one day I'm funny, the next an interesting recipe, another a really good photo, and hopefully once in a while something thought provoking.  What I'm hoping my blog accomplishes if anything is for it to encourage bakers such as myself to get out of their comfort zone and into their kitchens.  'Cause if I can YOU sure can!

Where'd that come from?  I guess in reading some of the New Year's posts it's gotten me thinking about where I want to go with all this.  While I'd of course like to get more daring in my baking, better at my writing and  photography I'm happy with what I have here in my teeny tiny piece of the blogosphere.

LiveJournal Tags: ,

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Congrats sweetie on your award and I adore visiting your blog!

Rosie x

Reeni said...

Congrats on your award! I don't like singling out people to give awards to either. I read so many and I love them all for different reasons, including yours.

The Blonde Duck said...

I totally understand. I just pass them on because I feel like I'm obligated. I really love all my Invisible Friends (I sound like a moron, don't I?) But I really do. So I'd like all awards to go to them.

Pam said...

Congrats on your awards. You have a great blog.

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Well said!

I heart your blog!!

Cristine said...

Congrats on your award! I thought what you wrote was very well said and I LOVE visiting your blog! :)

CM said...

You DO have a lovely blog! Congrats on the award.
~Charity