Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Three times in 7 days....it must be good!

 DSC00820 I know that TWD made Dorie's Tall & Creamy Cheesecake last week but this cheesecake (White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars) is really very good as well as being easy.  I had every intention of giving Dories' cheesecake a try. With their yummy photos and delightful descriptions both Jaime and Cristine had me convinced that I was crazy not to try it.  But when I mentioned to my family that I was making cheesecake but not the white chocolate raspberry one they complained so much that I went with it and saved the tall & creamy for another occasion.  One where I don't tell them what I'm making so there are no complaints! 

The last one I baked was for a New Year's Eve bash at my neighbors.  There was nary a crumb left over and I was told that I needed to make another one pronto, so I'm thinking it was good!

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars           by Kraft Foods

Prep Time:
20 min

Total Time:
4 hr 48 min

Makes:
9 servings (I got 16 but cut them into small pieces)

What You Need

12 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (I used 16, and not finely crushed)

2 Tbsp.  butter, melted (I added a smidged more)

3 (1 oz) squares of BAKER'S White Chocolate, divided (I used Ghirardelli)

2 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp.  vanilla

2 eggs

1/4 cup  red raspberry preserves (about 1/2 cup)

Now Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF. Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch square pan. Melt 2 (I used 3oz ) chocolate squares as directed on package.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until center is almost set. Cool 5 min.; spread with preserves (I warmed the preserves in the microwave so that it spread easier). Melt remaining chocolate square; drizzle over cheesecake. Cool cheesecake completely. Refrigerate 4 hours.

DSC00816

Kraft Kitchens Tips

*Healthy Living

Save 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving by preparing with Reduced Fat OREO Cookies, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and egg whites.

*How to Double Recipe, (they offered this suggestion online but I got the recipe out of their magazine otherwise I would have made a double!)

This recipe can be easily doubled. Just prepare as directed, doubling all ingredients and baking in 13x9-inch pan. Makes 18 servings.

~ingrid

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i could eat 10 of those right now...they look sooo yummy! thanks so much for stopping by my site and for the sweet comment...hope you got to make some caramel corn! it's waay too addicting! happy new year! :)

Fran Z said...

Oh this looks wonderful! I have learned not to ask my family first (but sometimes I forget)!

Jaime said...

mmmm those look dreamy! you could have adapted dorie's recipe into this one - dorie talks about tons of playing around options w/her recipe! oh well...next time right? :)

test it comm said...

Those cheesecake bars look so good!

Nicole said...

They look great! I saved the recipe from the magazine also, but have yet to try it. I'm guessing I should!

Bunny said...

Chocolate , cream cheese and raspberry. No wonder they always want you to make it! It looks so pretty too!

cindy* said...

yum. my fiance sean would love this!

Reeni said...

Those do look amazing! I can see why they would complain!! YUM!!!

Aimée said...

Happy New Year, Ingrid! May I say that these bars look amazing!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh sweet wounded wuffles! Yum!

grace said...

when i go to the cheesecake factory, i always order the white chocolate raspberry--it's far and away my favorite. i've never made a version for myself, but if i ever do, it'll definitely be this one!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cheesecake. These look especially yummy!

Pam said...

I could eat way too many of those beauties. They look fanastic!

Snooky doodle said...

THese look delicious. Colours are fantastic !

Nilmandra said...

That looks really good and easy too. I'm bookmarking this, thanks for sharing!