Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Three times in 7 days....it must be good!

 DSC00820 I know that TWD made Dorie's Tall & Creamy Cheesecake last week but this cheesecake (White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars) is really very good as well as being easy.  I had every intention of giving Dories' cheesecake a try. With their yummy photos and delightful descriptions both Jaime and Cristine had me convinced that I was crazy not to try it.  But when I mentioned to my family that I was making cheesecake but not the white chocolate raspberry one they complained so much that I went with it and saved the tall & creamy for another occasion.  One where I don't tell them what I'm making so there are no complaints! 

The last one I baked was for a New Year's Eve bash at my neighbors.  There was nary a crumb left over and I was told that I needed to make another one pronto, so I'm thinking it was good!

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars           by Kraft Foods

Prep Time:
20 min

Total Time:
4 hr 48 min

Makes:
9 servings (I got 16 but cut them into small pieces)

What You Need

12 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (I used 16, and not finely crushed)

2 Tbsp.  butter, melted (I added a smidged more)

3 (1 oz) squares of BAKER'S White Chocolate, divided (I used Ghirardelli)

2 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp.  vanilla

2 eggs

1/4 cup  red raspberry preserves (about 1/2 cup)

Now Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF. Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch square pan. Melt 2 (I used 3oz ) chocolate squares as directed on package.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until center is almost set. Cool 5 min.; spread with preserves (I warmed the preserves in the microwave so that it spread easier). Melt remaining chocolate square; drizzle over cheesecake. Cool cheesecake completely. Refrigerate 4 hours.

DSC00816

Kraft Kitchens Tips

*Healthy Living

Save 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving by preparing with Reduced Fat OREO Cookies, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and egg whites.

*How to Double Recipe, (they offered this suggestion online but I got the recipe out of their magazine otherwise I would have made a double!)

This recipe can be easily doubled. Just prepare as directed, doubling all ingredients and baking in 13x9-inch pan. Makes 18 servings.

~ingrid

Post a Comment