Friday, January 16, 2009

S'mores Cheesecake

DSC00877 Hmmmm, what to say?  Aaaaa, duh it's S'mores Cheesecake!  Was it good? Yes! Would I make it again?  Yes, with a few more changes.  I already made a couple of minor ones, the most significant was the use of semisweet and bittersweet chocolates instead of milk.  I liked it and the kids enjoyed it but I think they would have liked it more had I used all semisweet.   Though I made a bit more crust I think the next time I'll  double the recipe so I get lots of that graham cracker S'mores-y flavor.  I'm not messing with the top. Everyone agreed the marshmallow meringue topping was awesome.  I thought just the right amount of marshmallow.  Well, I would have liked more but it would have been overkill.

This recipe comes by way of the blog Sugar on Top.

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of a slice of the cheesecake.  :-( I only got a bunch of the top.  I'm not sure why I didn't?  Anyway here's the link to the recipe.

Oh, before serving I sprinkled graham cracker crumbs over each slice.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://www.thinkpadonline.info

Bridget said...

I sounds wonderful and the top looks so fancy! :)

Reeni said...

It's beautiful!! You did a great job on the top! I bet it tastes even better, yummy!!

Hayley said...

Love that top!

grace said...

i've seen the concept of smores incorporated into lots of different desserts, but never cheesecake. my stars. :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Yep, really, what's more to say? That I want a piece?

Aimée said...

Wow, amazing topping! My friends would freak over this one. Great job!

Pam said...

My sister loves anything with marshmallows - I'll have to make this for her when she visits.

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog...it's great!

That recipe is REALLY fantastic looking...thanks for sharing it!

I will be back for a visit soon :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...one more thing...you have great taste in blog backgrounds! I have the same one on mine :-)

Anonymous said...

You are speaking my language! S'mores are one of my favorite foods!

Lo said...

How can you beat that classic flavor combination??! That's one beautiful cheesecake :)

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks gorgeous! Yum!

avesta said...

That top does look awesome! YUM!

Esi said...

WOW!! That looks incredible. It's a great presentation.

Anonymous said...

You can get discount on shopping by using free printable coupons.

Rosie said...

WOW looks like sheer heaven to me *drool* *slurp* :0)
Rosie x

RecipeGirl said...

Love S'Mores. Love cheesecake. I think this sounds awesome!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Git outta town! I want that!

Honeyed Hashette said...

So pretty and sounds delicious. You are definitely my marshmallow loving blog friend. :)