Friday, January 16, 2009

S'mores Cheesecake

DSC00877 Hmmmm, what to say?  Aaaaa, duh it's S'mores Cheesecake!  Was it good? Yes! Would I make it again?  Yes, with a few more changes.  I already made a couple of minor ones, the most significant was the use of semisweet and bittersweet chocolates instead of milk.  I liked it and the kids enjoyed it but I think they would have liked it more had I used all semisweet.   Though I made a bit more crust I think the next time I'll  double the recipe so I get lots of that graham cracker S'mores-y flavor.  I'm not messing with the top. Everyone agreed the marshmallow meringue topping was awesome.  I thought just the right amount of marshmallow.  Well, I would have liked more but it would have been overkill.

This recipe comes by way of the blog Sugar on Top.

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of a slice of the cheesecake.  :-( I only got a bunch of the top.  I'm not sure why I didn't?  Anyway here's the link to the recipe.

Oh, before serving I sprinkled graham cracker crumbs over each slice.

Post a Comment