Thursday, October 23, 2008

Suppa Club

In a prior post I mentioned how Molly at Batter Splattered had the wonderful idea of getting a group of foodies together to cook a dish that was chosen the previous week by another member.  While our group is still small the past  two dishes have been huge in flavor.  This last one in particular.  DSC00594

This week's dish, Bavarian Sausage Hot Pot was a chosen by Corinne at Moonlit Knit .  I'll be honest after looking the ingredients over I wasn't certain this was for me but the whole point of my being a part of this club is to push myself out of my comfort zone.  I wasn't  quite sure how it was going to go over with my children but I went for it and boy, am I glad I did!  My photo does not do this dish justice.  

My children absolutely LOVED this! Before they finished with their first serving they were asking for seconds!  Joe and I loved this dish!  I've already given out the recipe to two different people.   Besides being so tasty this was super easy to throw together.  I had it on the table last night within 45 minutes.  I intended to serve it with crusty bread but after the football game I just didn't feel like running to the grocery store to then start cooking after 8 instead of 7:45pm so I just made some Pillsbury biscuits.  I pretty much followed along with the recipe though I did leave out the peas and I added about a 1/2 cup more beef broth (the kids like things saucy). Also, my spice measurements were heaping ones. 

To see how everyone one else did with this recipe please visit Moonlit Knit!  Thanks, Corinne we loved it!

LiveJournal Tags: ,

11 comments:

Kirstin said...

I think your photo looks great! And yes, this one definitely got kid approval at my house too.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Kirstin~
Thank you! Isn't it great when ALL the kids are happy with something you make?!!!

Thanks for visiting!
~ingrid

avesta said...

I love anything with sausage in it! So looks good to me!

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks fabulous to me!

Emily said...

I'm glad your family liked it so much! Sounds like a winner.

Susan @ SGCC said...

Wow! This looks like a great dish! I'm sure it would be very popular at my house too!

grace said...

quick and tasty is a combination that's hard to beat. i'm glad you're broadening your horizons. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this dish looks delicious! And I think it's great you have this group that can get you to try out new things!

Anonymous said...

I like your carrots. I like you was hesitant and so glad I gave it a shot. It is great that your kids liked it because I thought it would have been more of an adult flavor. Nice job.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

avesta~
Thanks that's a lovely comment. You make some terrific dishes!
~ingrid

the blonde duck~
Thanks! Where's the rest of the story?! ;-)
~ingrid

stickygooeycreamychewy~
Your name just warms me, such wonderful adjectives! Thanks!
~ingrid

grace~
Yes, it's especially nice when ALL three of the kiddies loved the dish! Now that's rare.

Thanks!
~ingrid

miri~
Thanks! Maybe you'd like to join? Nothing to it really, except good food!
~ingrid

nicole~
Thanks, yes, I'm very glad to have stuck with it! My kids are funny in that they like a lot of foods many kids don't and don't like a lot of "normal" kiddie food. Mostly because of food alleries that one of the Twins had.
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

Love this recipe! I'm always looking for simple, plentiful and tasty. This one covers them all. Perfect for Winter too!