Sunday, October 26, 2008

Twins.........again!

kreativ_blogger_award_copy[1] kreativ_blogger_award_copy[1]

Joe would freak out and shoot himself if I was pregnant and certainly if it was twins, again!  Honey, relax, it's twin awards! 

The first award is from Lorie at Rice and Beans and Other Fine Things.  Great blog which I recently found.  She has several desserts that are in my try stack.  She also has some great organizing tips for those of us that need help in that area.  Go by and check her. 

The second award is from Becky at  Satisfying My Sweet Tooth.  With a blog name like that you KNOW she's gonna have a tremendous amount of yummy desserts!  If you missed her brownies week, click here for day one.  I made day four's  Cookies and Cream Brownies, talk about delicious! The recipe made it from the "must try" stack to the ""must make again" stack which should tell you how just good these were.

7 Things I did before...........

  1. Worked as a Page at the public Library
  2. Attended Lehman's College in NY
  3. Worked at BookStop & then transferred to Barnes & Noble  in NYC
  4. Worked at the Tax Collector's office
  5. Worked at my parent's furniture store
  6. Shopped a lot
  7. Read  a lot

7 Things I do now..........

  1. Work at MMC
  2. Cook but especially bake
  3. Read alone & with the kids
  4. drive the kids to their sports practices and events
  5. study & do homework with the kids
  6. LAUNDRY
  7. Yell at the kids to "knock it off", "STOP", "run", "be quiet",
  8. Tell them I LOVE them!

7 thing I want to do.............

  1. Be more daring when it comes to baking
  2. Get McKenna to let me throw out more junk!
  3. Be MORE patient, less yelling
  4. Balance my time better
  5. Manage our finances better, save more
  6. Spend more one on one time with Joe
  7. Help my children achieve their full potential & be well rounded

7 things that attract me the opposite sex..........Joe

  1. Blue eyes
  2. loves me and the kids
  3. good with/to us
  4. athletic
  5. great sense of humor
  6. a terrific person
  7. works hard

7 favorite foods.............

  1. SALADS, no onions or tomatoes please
  2. warm gooey marshmallow filled desserts
  3. icy cold milk & water
  4. Blue Belle ice cream
  5. Pizza from NYC served on a piece of wax paper
  6. bread w/ real butter
  7. Pina Colada smoothies

7 things I say..............

  1. Knock it off, stop, be quiet, run, no, okay, I'll think about it
  2. I love you, good job
  3. Devon, Jalen, McKenna, Joe, Mom
  4. Seriously
  5. Holy cow
  6. Aaahh, man
  7. Hi, this is Ingrid from Miller Motorcar

7 awards & tags times 2

  1. Syndey from The Crepes of Wrath
  2. Julia from Dozen Flours
  3. Jin Hooi from Smell and Taste are My First Memory
  4. Fran from Apples Peaches Pumpkin Pie
  5. Cassie at How to Eat a Cupcake
  6. Miss.Cupcake.Face
  7. Cakebrain from Cake on the Brian
  8. Duckie from A Duck in Her Pond
  9. Grace from A Southern Grace
  10. Janna from Honeyed Hashette
  11. Frantic Home Cook
  12. Baking Blonde
  13. Nella from Peckerwood Gravy Company
  14. Jaime from Good Eats 'n Sweets

If you haven't visited any of the above blogs then please do so now.  All of them are wonderful and offer something special!!

LiveJournal Tags:

16 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Ingrid,

Thanks so much! How kind of you to think of me. I love your seven things. My favorite one was the "Knock it off, stop, be quiet..."

Did you really have twins? Are they identical or fraternal, boy/ girl or both? You poor thing!

Prudy said...

This is my first time here. What a great blog! I wanted to answer your question about maple extract. I've bought it at Albertson's and Walmart. Strangely enough, it's often located by the syrups instead of the baking section. Try there or ask your grocer. The last time I bought it was at the end of an aisle. It drives me crazy when they move stuff to make life "easier."

grace said...

great lists, ingrid! clearly, we need to hear more about your twins--i'm always fascinated by them. frankly, i wish i had my own twin. :)
thanks so much for the award--you're too kind. :)

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

So fun to read about you and get to know you better! Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you liked the brownies!

avesta said...

Congrats on the awards! I love reading these kinds of entries bc it allows me to get to know the writers of my favorite blogs. My computer has crashed so I have not been able to pass on my awards from last week! I hope my computer will be up and running by this weekend!

Cakebrain said...

Ingrid,
congrats on the award(s)! you crack me up with your lists! it seems as if #1&2 are what I'm saying to my kids all the time too. I swear that the louder I say them the less they hear me.
Thanks for thinking of me! It brightens my day reading your blog and I'm oh so awed by your ability to raise a houseful of kids while juggling, well...life!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hi, everyone!!!
Thank you for the thoughtful compliments and your interest in my children and myself! Being a parent is a lot of hard work but so worth it. Hope I'm not messing up too badly.
~ingrid


the blonde duck~
LOL! Yes, I really do have a set of twins. I also have a singleton, my Babygirl! The Twins are identical boys though one twin is very lean and is about 23 lbs lighter than the other one making them look quite different. Life is quite interesting with the three of my kiddies. I LOVE them to death and am so proud of them. Don't get me wrong they can drive me crazy! On Monday I did a tremendous amount of STOP!! KNOCK.IT.OFF.NOW!!! or else'ing.

You're very welcome, now give me the rest of my story! :-)
~ingrid

prudy~
Hi, welcome! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the info. I guess I'm gonna have to swing into a Walmart and pick up some as the Albertson's by my house doesn't have any of the extract.

I too hate when they change things up!

I'll be by your blog again to see what yummies you have hiding.
~ingrid

grace~
I'd like to hear your Mom's thoughts on you being half a set of twins. Being a parent is a tough job and of twins even more. I am constantly juggling "fair" and always hear how I love the other one best or something of that nature. Love, love, love them (all three)but it can get on ones nerves. LOL!
~ingrid

satisfying my sweet tooth~
Your brownies are fantastic and the recipe is in the "must make again" stack! Thanks for the award!
~ingrid

avesta~
Awww, I hope your computer gets well! That's a total bummer!
~ingrid

cakebrain~
My children say I yell too much but when I talk in a "nice" calm tone they don't hear me. They are always so shocked to hear that I repeated myself more than once before I yelled. I'm not so sure they pay any mind if I yell or whisper.
~ingrid

Leslie said...

Congrats on your well deserved twins! I mean awards!!!!LOL

Nicole said...

Neato!
Congratulations on your awards! They were definitely sent to the right blog!

[& I didn't know you had a set of twins!]

Thanks so much for thinking about me!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

leslie~
You're such a crack up! LOL! Thx!
~ingrid

miss.cupcake.face.~
Thx! Yup, I'm a mom of two plus one!
~ingrid

Ann said...

"Warm gooey marshmallow filled desserts"

You have my vote on Nov. 4th.

The Blonde Duck said...

Did you mean the dancehall stories with Vivi and Wade? They're coming back next week. Since this was Halloween week and there's nothing scary about dancing, they took a short break.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards!

(My husband's mentor for his MS had two sets of identical twins! It was even more interesting that he was also a genetisit...)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

ann~
LOL!
~ingrid

the blonde duck~
Yup, that's the story I'm dying to finish reading. Yeah, I know you were working the "scary" angle of this week. Just wanted to make sure you knew we (ME) were still eagerly anticipating the rest of your story!
~ingrid

pumpkin~
Hi! Thanks!

Ah, man! Now that has got to be quite interesting for them. I bet they have some great stories.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for this year's costume. Duh, now that I think of it I should have asked you for ideas. I am going to a party tonight (w/the kids) and STILL have not figured anything out.
~ingrid

Jin Hooi said...

Thanks for the award, Ingrid ;-)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

jin hooi~
You're welcome!!!!
~ingrid