Thursday, October 16, 2008

New camera in the works

Thanks for everyone's well wishes in locating my camera. Unfortunately, it hasn't made an appearance yet. It will be two weeks Saturday that it's been gone. At this point I don't think it's coming back.

While I may have appeared calm, I haven't been, ask my children and Joe....it hasn't been pretty. I'm not know for my patience. I've made some great stuff and haven't been able to get ANY pictures. Boo-woo! On a side note I have every intention of posting the links to the recipes so you can still swing over and check 'em out. Good stuff people, promise!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel in that I am going to get a new camera, a really nice camera. Here's where YOU can help. There are so many cameras out there; which do you use and why? Please let me know. I know next to nothing about camera's and am hoping that some besides Julia at Dozen Flours takes pity on me. (I have learned that I need to turn the flash off, set it to macro, and shoot during daylight but that doesn't help without a camera.) I appreciate all your help. There is one thing I need the camera to be able to shoot action shots. The Twins play various sports (baseball, basketball, and football) and I've been relying on others to take and give me pictures of my guys. Yes, I know, slacker Mom!

7 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Good luck! All I can do is point and shoot.

Left you the rest of the dancehall stories on the last post....

Ingrid_3Bs said...

the blonde duck~
Thanks! That's pretty much me,too!

YES, Thank you, thank you! They are on my to read list. I'm hitting them today at lunch.
~ingrid

Ann said...

Hmmmm, reallllllly depends on which direction you want to go here: point an shoot -or- do you want to get into the DSLR world? If the latter, I'd recommend the Nikon D40.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

ann~
I want the expensive, I won't know how to use it but hey, I'll still have a realllllly nice fancy camera kind! ;-) Thanks for the recommendation!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

My dream camera is a Nikon D80, but I think that someone told me that they have a D90 now. At any rate, it's a lot of money. It's on my wish list.:-)

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I have only ever used Fujifilm cameras. The nicer point-and-shoots, not the cheapo ones that are $100 or less. My current camera is an S700. I love it because it has super-macro zoom, so I can get REALLY close to my cupcakes! It also takes clear pictures in low light without the flash. It was $200 at Circuit City.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

1215656559s20768~
Hi, I saw the camera you're talking about....nice, very nice!
I don't remember seeing the D90 but I did some Nikon's for $1000++
I hearya about the wish list.
~ingrid

how to eat a cupcake~
Thanks for the info....I'm gonna check it out!
~ingrid