Four awards! In the past several weeks or so I've received four awards from some really cool bloggers. Sorry it's taken so long to properly thank you and pass these along!
The first award is from Donna at My Tasty Treasures. If you haven't been by her blog you are seriously missing out. Hers is filled with not only tasty, you can make this at home food but is also over flowing with amusing comments that will have you bursting out laughing and blushing if you're like me. I leave you with this warning.... be careful who's around you when you read her blog as you WILL laugh, loudly, the kind you can't smother, that will have anyone who can hear you inquiring as to what's so funny. I've had the misfortune of reading her at work (oops) and when my kids were around. Both times I couldn't really say what was funny or repeat the joke. Which means you just get that look, you know, the you're a weirdo look! LOL!
The second award comes from Lisa at Parsley, Sage, Desserts,and Line Drives. First things first, you might have noticed that one of my B's stands for baseball and you might have noticed that her blog name has "line drives" in it. See the connection? Um, for those of you that aren't familiar with the term "lines drives" it's the name of a type of hit, the best kind outside of a home run. You know she'd rock in my book for that alone. Before I tell you about her kitchen awesomeness I have to mention that she's a HUGE NY Yankees fan. Okay, yes, on to the food. Last year Lisa severally injured her knee and has been baking from a wheel chair and until a month or so ago from the kitchen at her rehab facility. Go now and check out what she's able to create (works of dessert art) from a strange kitchen and her wheel chair. Seriously, how impressive is that? I won't even get started on how lame I feel when I swing by her blog and see what she's up to and here I am making boxed brownies. (though I did make a cake & a tart)
The third one isn't an award but a meme and is from Monica at Lick the Bowl Good. :-)Monica's blog is a recent one that I've found and have been reading. I've already made two of her recipes and both were hits. The first, graham cracker toffee was gobbled up so fast that I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I made it a second time in hopes of getting some photos but it was eaten up even faster. My children do not, will not wait for me to take photos unless I'm standing over the dessert and threatening bodily harm. Because everything I make is for them that's not going to happen, so no toffee photos. The second recipe I made, Old Fashion Coca-Cola is one I did get photos of and was lick the (frosting) bowl good.
The last award is from Charity at Sweet Charity Pie. If you remember my Double Chocolate Layer Cake and Red Velvet posts you may remember that they were a collaboration between Charity and I. I don't think Charity gets her full props. Charity is very familiar with the scientific aspects of baking and if you've read some of her TWD posts will have noticed that she's great at reading a recipe and seeing where the recipe could go wrong or wouldn't be to her tastes and successfully tweaking it. I'm not talking about switching semisweet chocolate for milk either.
I sincerely hope that you visit each of their blogs. You'll come away with great recipes, having learned something, been inspired, or a side that aches from laughing so much!
This is part I hate, narrowing down who these get passed to. I know that there are "rules" to each of these but I'm gonna make my own and pass the awards along to all blogs that I enjoy and I think will appreciate them. Some of them you may recognize and some may be new to you.
- A Duck in Her Pond(no this is not a bribe so she post a new Twirl at least twice a week)
- Michelle at One Ordinary Day
- Julia at Dozen Flours (no brainer, come on snickerdoodle blondies)
- Angie at My Pretty Purse
- Jodi at Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, and Dream Tomorrow (love her Monday Movie Madness posts, I'll never win but their fun)
- Rosie at Baking Cakes Galore
- Sydney at The Crepes of Wrath (have made a lot of the recipes from her blog both sweet & savory)
- Ezra's Pound Cake (even though I read her blog & comment & she does mine, ha! Just kidding!)
- Nikki at Miss Cupcake Face (lots of yummy cuppycakes check out her latest Iron cupcake entry)
- Lo at Burp! Where Food Happens
- Lori at Lori's Lipsmacking Goodness
- Grace her cinnamon highness at A Southern Grace
- Reeni at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Bunny (& Carol) at Bunny's Warm Oven
- Lottie & Doof
- The Picky Cook
- Pennies on the Platter (light box)
- Dianne at Dianne's Dish
- Bridget at Bake at 350 (amazing cookies)
- Cassie at How to Eat a Cupcake
- Heather at Diary of a Fanatic Foodie
- Cristine at Cooking with Christine
- Risa at Baked Perfection
- Stephanie at Ice Cream Before Dinner
- Lettergirl at Not Going Postal (too, too funny!)
- Inn Cuisine
- Mommy's Kitchen
- Maria at Two Peas and Their Pod
- Sara at Sara's Kitchen (learning about new ingredients)
- Elyse at Elyse's Confectionery Creations
- Abby at Confabulation in the Kitchen
- And of course the four givers of these thoughtful awards, Donna, Charity, Lisa, & Monica
Now on to ten honest things about me
- I LOVE my family, especially my three children. I worry that maybe Jalen, one of the Twins doesn't realize how much.
- I'm a take charge person; BOSSY.
- I worry A LOT.
- I'm a cancer, the crab, and that is exactly me, hard shell on the outside protecting a soft inside
- I'm extremely loyal, you don't like "them" then I don't like "them" ...bottom line!
- I'll give away my food, your lunch, the kids baseball snacks to the homeless on street corners.
- I have a soft spot for the elderly. (Love to hear about the the "good ol' days"!)
- I've been trying Kristen's idea of greeting my honey each night as soon as he comes into the house with a warm hello, hug, and kiss. (Nothing crazy Donna, the kids are usually still up!)
- I'm Puerto Rican but all American. I tear up at God Bless America, the National Anthem, and all the other songs that proclaim how wonderful our country is and how lucky we are to have men and women who leave their families to protect our privileges.
- If you knock me down, I'll get right back up and keep coming at you until you give up. Can't stand a bully!
- Bonus......I sincerely appreciate all of you that take a moment to read my blog and leave me encouraging and thoughtful comments.
Will she ever be done? Yes! Peace out! :-)
Note: Sorry if I left out a link or two. It was just getting crazy & I was at the "I want to get this done and over with already" point. Also, the list of blogs I visit is long and I apologize to any that may feel slighted because I didn't pass along an award to them. Feel free to grab one, two, or all!