Saturday, March 21, 2009

Couldn't be any quicker or easier monkey bread

DSC01085 This is one of those recipes that I found by following the link of a photo on Tastespotting.  The link landed me on the blog Jenny Mac's Lip Smack, where I found her Quickie Stickies. When I saw  and read how quick and easy these were I went ahead and printed the recipe.  My kiddos are prone to requesting a midnight snack at about 8/9 o'clock each night.    So this recipe was ideal.

DSC01088_edited-1

While I printed out the recipe I didn't quite follow it but instead used it as a guide. 

Here's the recipe.  (My adaptations)

Quickie Stickies or Couldn't Be Any Easier Monkey Bread
*PREHEAT OVEN: 400 degrees
*Combine:
2 Tbsp. melted butter (4 Tbsp.)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 c. maple or dark corn syrup (1/8 c. didn't want a strong maple flavor)
1 -1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped nuts (optional) (heaping 1/3 c. whole pecans)
*Pour mixture into cake or pie pan.
*Top with 10 refrigerator biscuits. (I used crescent rolls.  I left it rolled up and cut the dough into 1 inch thick rounds.  I then cut the rounds in half. After cutting them in half I added them to a medium  bowl.  Once they were all cut in half I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top and tossed well so that all the dough was coated.  I then place the pieces of dough on top of caramel pecan mixture.)
*Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*Turn upside down onto plate.

DSC01080

Technorati Tags: ,,,

29 comments:

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Oh man I've been wanting to make these for time out of mind! Thank you for making them and posting the recipe. I will make them soon!

Elyse said...

Oh, Ingrid! These look totally fabulous!!! I'm so glad you found these on tastespotting--such a great site!! Man, I wish I had these right now.

Heather said...

yum!! those sound great :) i would totally have them for a midnight snack :) or a morning/afternoon or evening snack!

Risa said...

I love, love, love monkey bread! My girlfriends and I used to make it all the time in college. I have never tried the sticky topping on top so I am glad you shared it with us!

oneordinaryday said...

This is something we always get when we vacation at the boardwalk. I'm going to pass it along to my sister so she can make it at home too. It's one of her favorite things.
Thanks!!
Michelle

Donna-FFW said...

Ingrid- I already love you, but after seeing this I love you even more!! It looks so amazing, I love it, I am making it!

Cristine said...

YUM!!!! Looks fantastic!

A_and_N said...

Looks fabulous! Do you know why its called Monkey bread though?

CM said...

Anything caramelly with cinnamon and nuts makes me really happy! I wish I could have a piece of this right now with my morning tea.

Stephanie said...

Mmm oh man. I've been wanting to make some monkey bread for quite a while now. It's one of those recipes that I never seem to get around to making. Was it really "couldn't be easier"? I particularly like how this recipe doesn't require the use of yeast... my yeast never seems to rise properly so I tend to avoid recipes with it! (a obstacle I have yet to overcome!)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try. Your pics are great!

Sara said...

What a great looking monkey bread! I especially like how easy it is to make.

grace said...

quickie stickies? great name for a fabulous treat, ingrid. this one's a winner.

Reeni said...

What a scrumptious treat! I bet it smelled so good cooking. Gooey and sticky and so yummy. I might be at your door for midnight snack later!!

Debbie said...

That is a monkey bread that looks great and I would love to try that.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love the name "Quickie Stickies"! It made me smile- and so did that last photo, with all the nuts and oozy caramel! Yum!

Maria said...

Too funny, I just made monkey bread muffins for my hubby yesterday. I will post them soon! Love the changes you made.

angie said...

It wasn't that long ago that I was looking for a monkey bread recipe and found gorilla bread. I posted it on my site (too lazy to look for the date). I agree with you on how easy it is, and I think it's impressive looking afterward.

And btw, tastespotting rejected my gorilla bread pic. Boo. (Ha ha!)

Amanda said...

I've made something very similar to this in the past, yours looks so ooey gooey! :)

Emily said...

Ohhh, I love monkey bread! This looks perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love monkey bread. Yours looks delicious, especially with the pecans.

Irene said...

I've never had monkey bread, but I know I'm prone to request a snack at 9pm! This looks so, so good!

The Blonde Duck said...

I was just teasing you! I hope I didn't hurt your feelings! I meant it as a joke!

cindy* said...

i've never made monkey bread, but i have always been interested. this looks perfect for a busy week.

Bunny said...

If these were sitting in front of me they'd be half gone! Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

The sticky looking glaze is mouthwatering.

Jaime said...

mmmm i just love goo! that looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Looks super yummy!

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

I LOVE this, but have never made it myself. I think I might try this weekend though because now I'm craving it!