Saturday, March 21, 2009

Couldn't be any quicker or easier monkey bread

DSC01085 This is one of those recipes that I found by following the link of a photo on Tastespotting.  The link landed me on the blog Jenny Mac's Lip Smack, where I found her Quickie Stickies. When I saw  and read how quick and easy these were I went ahead and printed the recipe.  My kiddos are prone to requesting a midnight snack at about 8/9 o'clock each night.    So this recipe was ideal.

DSC01088_edited-1

While I printed out the recipe I didn't quite follow it but instead used it as a guide. 

Here's the recipe.  (My adaptations)

Quickie Stickies or Couldn't Be Any Easier Monkey Bread
*PREHEAT OVEN: 400 degrees
*Combine:
2 Tbsp. melted butter (4 Tbsp.)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 c. maple or dark corn syrup (1/8 c. didn't want a strong maple flavor)
1 -1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped nuts (optional) (heaping 1/3 c. whole pecans)
*Pour mixture into cake or pie pan.
*Top with 10 refrigerator biscuits. (I used crescent rolls.  I left it rolled up and cut the dough into 1 inch thick rounds.  I then cut the rounds in half. After cutting them in half I added them to a medium  bowl.  Once they were all cut in half I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top and tossed well so that all the dough was coated.  I then place the pieces of dough on top of caramel pecan mixture.)
*Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*Turn upside down onto plate.

DSC01080

Technorati Tags: ,,,
Post a Comment