Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake

DSC01178

If you've read my blog or just skimmed through, you'll have noticed a couple of things. I love snickerdoodle and s'mores "flavored" desserts.  Well, on Monday I click over to see what Cristine had posted on her blog, Cooking with Cristine and what do I see but my family's favorite, Snickerdoodle Blondies.  I immediately read on to see if she enjoyed them as much as I do.  She does!  Here's what she wrote...."They are divine, amazing, fantastic, drool-worthy, delicious.... well, you get the point!"  Yay, I don't know about you guys but I always worry about posting how fantastic I think something is only to later find out that everyone else who tried it hated it! 

DSC01183

Getting back to the cake.  There I am happily leaving Cristine a comment when I noticed that Julia had also  left her a comment.  I stop a moment to read what Julia wrote and what do my eyes see?  Julia has written about a Snickerdoodle Cake she has just made!   Whaaaaa?!  Since when?  And how come she didn't tell me, her most faithful snickerdoodle follower?  I hurriedly finished up my comment and hopped over to see what this was all about.  Yup, there it was Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake.  ( I should state that Peabody has a Snickerdoodle Cake which I have made before and is excellent but these two cakes are poles apart.)  Well, I didn't need to read further than the title or even see the photos to know I was making this cake.  As a matter of fact I was making it that very day.  It didn't matter that I had already committed myself to baking an entirely different cake I WAS eating Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake!  

I sincerely wish that I DSC01190could say that this cake was as good as I thought it was going to be but unfortunately, it was BETTER!  Better than I thought, than my children thought, so good in fact, Miss Karolyn (the sitter and my some time dessert photographer) is baking one up at her house as I type this! 

The wonderful aroma my oven was putting out was so intoxicating that as soon as I tipped the cake out of the pan and took some photos we each dug into a warm piece.  Joe ate his piece under some vanilla ice cream and the rest of us except for Devon enjoyed our piece with a glass of milk!  Oh, and the crust, oh man, I could have easily taken the crust off the whole thing and eaten just it!  Forget Snickerdoodle Blondies, make Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake instead!

DSC01200

I followed the recipe but made one tiny change, for part of the swirl and topping I added cinnamon chips (in the above photo the "hole" is where there was some cinnamon chips)  I added them to a quarter of the cake.  Next time I'm adding a heavy layer of them and toasted nuts to both the swirl and the top which is the bottom once it is flipped out of the pan.

Julia the consensus is that Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake is our new favorite with the Snickerdoodle Blondies a close second!

Post a Comment