Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Hey, guys! Check it out two posts in one week and it’s not even a holiday.  Ingrid’s getting crazy!  There have been a few comments left about me only posting on holidays and not posting much, so I’m hoping everyone’s happy now.  The commenters might also be the very same two people who are also posting about Cinnamon Swirl Bread  today.  :)

DSC03570

Cinnamon Swirl Bread was actually Monica’s challenge choice for May but we got a late start and pushed it back to June.  She chose Peter Reinhart’s recipe from The Bread Baker's Apprentice.

DSC03556

Eaten straight out of hand, the kids and I were a bit unimpressed with the flavor but when we toasted and buttered a slice it went from “just okay” to delicious.  Add in some cinnamon and brown sugar to the butter and we’re talking serious cinnamon heaven!  (So good in fact, Jalen asked me to make more bread and we hadn’t finished the two loaves I just made!)  Besides using the bread to make some kicked up cinnamon toast I also made bread pudding.  Some very good bread pudding though if you ask Devon he’ll tell you it would have been better with bananas.  :)

With my lackluster photos and post I haven’t really done this bread justice so hop over to Michelle and Monica’s blogs to check out their bread (&  get the recipe).  FYI, Michelle might have mentioned something about cinnamon chips and you know Monica will have some amazing photos.  Get going…..

Post a Comment