Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some News & A Crisp

Hi!  Before I tell you about this super yummy blueberry crisp that I adapted from Jonna’s recipe at Get Off Your Butt And Bake I have to tell you some news.  Good news!

DSC03607

First bit of good news.  I was contacted a week or so ago by Rebecca at Frigidaire’s online store inquiring about my interest in submitting a recipe to be featured on their site.  After mulling it over for a few days I responded with a happy yes, so be on the look out for more information on my recipe submission.

DSC03599

Last Tuesday was my birthday and for my birthday I convinced my honey to let me get a fancy schmancy new camera.  I pulled one of the kids’ tricks and called him while he was distracted at work.  LOL  Here’s the one I got.  With the camera I also, ordered two “how to” books.  A Dummies one (Thanks for the recommendation, Ann Marie!) for learning how to use my particular camera and one for learning how to use Photoshop Elements. It was time.  I’ve had the program for a so long they’ve come out with a new version.    :(  Hopefully over the next several months you’ll see a gradual improvement to my photos.  Along with the camera I got a few other gifts, one in particular was from a sweet friend who gave me 4 mini Le Creuset pie plates.  They’re absolutely lovely and will be putting in an appearance here at 3B’s in the near future.

DSC03618

Next up.  It’s vacation time, baby!!  (10 glorious work free days. Well, 2 driving and 8 of rest.)  This coming Friday we’re hitting the road and heading out of Florida to visit our parents in the mountains of North Carolina.  Normally I would not post anything while I was gone but this time I asked Monica and Michelle if they would write a guest post and they both agreed!  Aren’t we lucky?!  You’re in for a treat and from our email exchanges I think that they even have plans to load you up on some chocolate goodies.  Please make them feel welcome and say hi when they visit.  :)  Now for that blueberry crisp I promised you!

DSC03623

I found this terrific crisp recipe at Get Off Your Butt and Bake and as soon as I saw it I got off my butt and baked!  This was crazy fast and so easy to put together.  I even baked mine in my toaster oven on the bake setting.  I did have to improvise a bit as Jonna’s was a peach and raspberry crisp and I didn’t have either fruit.  What I did have was some blueberries but not enough to make the full recipe. I had to cut the filling recipe into thirds but I only halved the crisp topping.  Pretty smart of me, huh?  Crisp topping gooood!  :)  Instead of giving you the recipe I’m going to send you over to Jonna’s.  She whips up some good looking food that is sure to get you off your butt and into the kitchen. 

DSC03608

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!  I appreciate the time you take to do so.  Unfortunately I won’t be commenting much on your blogs while I’m on vacation and maybe not at all.  I’ll catch up with you guys when I get back after the first of August and please, this would be an ideal time to post all your chocolate and raisin filled posts!  HA! :) See ya!

44 comments:

Rachel said...

That's a lot of good news! I look forward to your recipe submission. I'm sure it will be great....just like this crisp. Looks wonderful. I can almost smell those blueberries. Yum! Have a great time on vacation!

Monica H said...

Are these pictures the result of your new camera? I LIKE!!! Seriously, this crisp and the photos are wonderful.

Happy birthday to you- hope you enjoy your birthday goodies. Have a great time on vacation and thanks for asking me to guest blog on 3B's. I'm honored to do so. No raisins, I promise. ha!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Congrats & Happy belated Birthday! Wow, you were spoiled rotten! ;-P

Those crisps look fantastic!

Cheers,

Rosa

cocoa and coconut said...

Congrats! Looks beautiful

Eliana said...

Happy belated birthday Ingrid. I hope you have loads of fun on your vacation and take tons of nice pics. As for this crisp, it looks perfect.

Paris Pastry said...

Happy belated birthday! How nice you got a camera! But I think your pictures look pretty good now too! How lovely you made a crisp. I so love eating blueberries (in any form) in the summer.

Have fun in Florida!

Lori said...

Getting a new camera is so exciting. I think I need a book for mine. I am still trying to figure it out. Its been about six months.

Have fun on your trip to NC. Enjoy your visit!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Ingrid! What a nice birthday gift for you. Love the blueberry crips. It looks delicious. Have a great vacation!

Keeley said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Your husband bought you the EXACT camera that I want! Please let us know how it works for you. I always wonder if having better equipment will really improve my skills.

I love blueberries and this crisp looks soooo good!

cookies and cups said...

Have a fun vacation!!
Gorgeous camera...I am jealous...you need to write my husband an email and tell him I NEED one!

Sherry G said...

You got some nice birthday goodies! Have fun on your vacation!

Jo said...

Happy belated birthday and you sure did get wonderful gifts. The crisps look great by the way.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I have a camera like that but I only WISH I had photoshop! I'm excited to read Monica's and Michelle's guest posts.

Have a great vacation!!!

Unknown said...

Great news all around, and the crisps - NOM NOM

Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! said...

Ingrid..you are the sweetest ever!
Thank You for the shout out. You will love your new camera, but they do take a lot of learning and remembering, so that you can get out of Auto. The pic's looks fantastic. Hope your B-day was perfect . . . I kinda think it was. Have a great trip!

angie said...

I'm late with the birthday wishes, but I hope it was fun! And congrats on everything - the camera, the recipe on Frigidaire, and the vacay! Have a great time!

Pam said...

Great news! The crisp looks AMAZING!

Abby said...

What a great birthday present! You lucky ducky. Hope you have a fabulous vacation, but how could you not? N.C. IS the best state in the U.S. afterall, natch.

Lucie said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Ingrid! It sure sounds like it :) Have a wonderful chocolate and raisin free vacation!!

Julie M. said...

This looks delish Ingrid!! How is the trip going so far? I've been thinking of you as you're in my neck of the woods! I hope you're having a great vacation and enjoying some cooler temps. I'll be on the lookout for your guest bloggers. I can't miss an opportunity to read about chocolate!

oneordinaryday said...

Ooooh... I want some of this right now. Yummy, mouthwatering photos!

Can't wait to guest post for you, Ingrid. Chocolate, here we come! teehee

Jaime said...

happy belated birthday! your photos already look great but i look forward to seeing you improve your skills :)

Heather Baird said...

So much good news, where do I begin? :)

Can't wait to see what you submit, and that camera is SO awesome! You'll figure it out in no time I'm sure.
Will look forward to the guest posts. Hope you have a restful vacation!

Karen @ Mignardise said...

Happy birthday and happy vacation.
Blueberry crisp always makes me happy - love the individual ones!

Amanda said...

What do you MEAN you won't be commenting on my blog while you are on vacation?? The nerve! BAHAHAHAHA!! You better go and have a good time, or else! ;) These look yummy!

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

I love blueberries & your crisp looks wonderful! I love how you baked it in the individual ramekins. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I am so jealous of your new camera :) I want one so bad....maybe one of these days. I hope you have a fabulous vacation & enjoy your time with family.

michellemabell said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ingrid! How fun ...I love your new camera!!! :)
Have a great time up in the mountains...it sounds beautiful!

michelle

grace said...

happy belated birthday, congratulations, and YUM. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy b-day! Have a great vacation!! That looks just marvelous! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in NC! And with your new camera. I am saving up for one, but don't know for sure which one. I also need to buy some ramekins. This looks great. Always looks prettier in the ramekins rather than a whole pan. :)

Reeni said...

Congrats on your recipe Ingrid! And on your new camera! It's a beauty. So is your blueberry crisp - I'm all over the extra topping. Hope you have a great vacation!

Lorie said...

Wow! The blueberry crisp is awesome!

The camera is even more awesome!

Happy belated birthday!

Have a wonderful trip. I love the mountains in NC. We visit often.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Ingrid sounds like you are going to enjoy that new camera of yours!! And have a great time on vacation, it should hopefully be cool in the mountains?? I have just come back from vacay and we had a great time in Oregon relaxing.

Robin said...

I forgot to say that I can't wait to see your recipe submission, that is very great news!! Congrats!

Heather S-G said...

Okay, before I forget...awesome on ur recipe, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Happy Belated Birthday! Your photos look pretty darn excellent. YUM! This crisp is totally calling my name. Have a FABULOUS vacay =) Whew... oh, and p.s...the farmers markets aren't open around here on Sundays, either. Not sure if its like that everywhere or not???

Kim said...

Sounds like you're having an exciting month full of birthdays and vacation and new gifts!! So cool to have a new camera to play around with. I'm sure it will come in handy on vacation too. The blueberry crisps look right up my alley. One of my favorite ways to enjoy blueberries.

You commented about Trisha's pork versus Ina's. Wow, it's hard to pick. I guess I'm gonna go with Trisha's only because it's quick, hands off and really comforting with the gravy and all. Ina's has to marinate in the fridge for awhile and is a little more work, but I do love it too!

Unknown said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Ingrid! You sure got an amazing birthday gift. The crisp looks great, and I'm super excited for the chocolate posts :)

Cristine said...

The crisps look amazing! Your photos are already great, so I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with now that you have a new camera!

Enjoy your vacation!

Val said...

Congrats on everything!!!!! You deserve it!!! And the crisp looks beyond yummy.

Mimi said...

Wow! Happy Belated Birthday! The crisp look fantastic, and how thrilling to have your recipe on Frigidaire's site. Enjoy your new camera and vacation.
Mimi

Faith said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was a fantastic one! I'm glad it worked out with Frigidaire...and congrats! :)

Have a wonderful vacation!

Anonymous said...

Good news and a good recipe! Looks delicious :) Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

naomi said...

What you are crazy your photos are awesome, but yes, I will look forward to seeing your new creatives with the new camera.

This recipe looks great!

Foodiewife said...

I am so far behind in reading blogs, that I'm just now reading this one. My birthday was July 20th. It came. It went. My dream camera didn't arrive. SIGH. I'm eyeballing a Canon camera, too! By now, you've returned from your vacation. Hopefully, you didn't notice my absence. :) I have some reading to do. Forgive the late comments.
This recipe... mmmm.