Sunday, February 1, 2009

Peanut Butter Mousse Bars

I LOVED this dessert!  With that said DSC00944I have to tell you a something about myself.  I'm not a fan of chocolate or peanut butter.  I won't eat peanut butter on it's own and well, unlike many I don't go gaga over chocolate.  Yeah, I'll eat a brownie if it's been kicked up a notch but that's about it for me.  If and when a recipe calls for chocolate I use  dark and when I can, I'll leave it out all together.  Here's where I'm  really strange.  I like peanut butter and chocolate together.  A lot which is why (along with yummy pictures) I decided to give this a try.   

I initially was going to make this to bring to the Twins' baseball practice, but I ran out of time and made them Cheater DSC00947Snicker Brownies instead.  Am glad I ran out of time!  I would have gotten one little piece had I brought them to baseball. Greedy but true!  This was soooo good!  And I LOVED the peanut butter mousse!  It was "lick the bowl" good!  I wanted to but I restrained myself and used the spatula to get every last little bit of it.

 DSC00953Okay, back to this delish bars.   Another thing I loved about the bars was how lovely they looked after cutting them.  You can clearly see the contrasting layers.  The ganache topping didn't  harden up so much that it cracked when cut making for a smoother cut.

This bar recipe comes to you courtesy of Dianne's Dishes who as you may remember is my blogging Mama!  Please check her out she has  a lot of great recipes, including gluten free ones, and healthier ones for those of you making a lifestyle change.  You want bread ?  She's got bread! Take a look!

On another note:  Baseball did not go as well as we would have liked this weekend.  We won both our games yesterday but lost today's which was the one that mattered.  The Twins' personally did NOT have their best stuff though Jalen did a good job pitching.  In 1 & 2/3 innings he struck out 4, walked 2, hit a batter, gave up only 1 hit & did not give up a run. We ended up 2 & 1.

38 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

WOW!! Bet they did taste lick the bowl good. My children would love them. I have to try this out. All their favorite flavors!!

Anonymous said...

You know, I come here to leave a comment and what greets me? JUST ONE OF MY FAVORITE FLAVOR COMBOS IN THE WORLD!! I'm dying looking at those gorgeous bars!!

That said, congrats on your twins making the 'big' tournament! So, which one do you think will end up pitching for the Yanks? ;D Also, hope your son's broken hand hand is all better! What a fracas at the holidays!

Finally, my BF is going to 'guest blog' and post his opinion(s) about the 2009 Yanks and their offseason moves. Should be up in a day or three. Stop by and check it out, as he's really good at analyzing that stuff and putting it into perspective :)

angie said...

Even though they do look nice after cutting them, I think the topping is just the cutest thing ever.

Love pb and chocolate!

Nicole said...

Chocolate & peanut butter. Josh is going to love these!

The Blonde Duck said...

If only I could eat chocolate! Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Those bars sound like pure heaven! OMG, the pictures alone have me drooling!

Rosie said...

Chocolate & peanut butter bars just perfect in every way!!

Lovely bake!!

Rosie x

Maria said...

I know the perfect person to make these for!! They look amazing!

Reeni said...

Those are beautiful!!! The combo of PB & Chocolate is my favorite!! I love the salty PB with the sweetness of the chocolate, it's the best!!

grace said...

not a fan of chocolate or peanut butter? i won't judge--that just means there's more for me. great bars, i must say. that mousse is gorgeous. :)

Anonymous said...

Unlike you I'm a fan of both chocolate and peanut butter, so this sounds great to me!

Bridget said...

I just gained 5 pounds looking at the pictures!!!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Oh my my!! My mouth is watering just thinking about these! <3 the photos too :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those bars look perfect.

Too bad about the baseball game. :(

Sara said...

These look so pretty, I love all the different layers!

Jodi said...

These look delicious!
Sorry your boys didn't win their last game but still sounds like they did well overall!

Heather said...

HOLY WOW! those look incredibly amazing, and my tummy wants them RIGHT NOW!

Bunny said...

Ingrid, Ingrid....Your killing me girl! I'm making this one for sure, this is fantastic! My husband will be putty in my hands if I make this!!!

Lot-O-Choc said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! These look sooo good!! Im not just saying it, theyre amazing!!

Jin Hooi said...

Ingrid !!! ohh... looks like i have to defer my diet plan again !!! These look great !!

Anonymous said...

I am not a huge chocolate fan myself! But I do love peanut butter...and it does go well with chocolate, so I think this combination would be pretty darn good for me!

The boys/man in my house all love chocolate and peanut butter....I will have to give these a try for them:-)

Jamie said...

These bars looz amazing! Wow I need to make them ASAP!!!! I am alive, just took a little break!! Thanks for checking up on me! :)

Susan @ SGCC said...

OMG! These look fabulous! Just fabulous! Did I mention these are fabulous?

Monica H said...

Love PB and love chocolate- DO NOT like them together. I know, it's weird, but I just don't.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments! i hope you make and enjoy the coca-cola cake with marshmallows. It really is good!

Hope you come back :-)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

OMG, that dessert is definitely for me! I'm addicted to PN and chocolate! Really delightful looking!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter and chocolate is a hard-to-resist combination! This looks rich and delicious, I'm also a fan of dark chocolate :).

Anonymous said...

I've read two blogs today with my favorite foods....and they are the "P" words: portabellas, parmasan, and peanut butter. mmmm
I can't wait to try. If you and Dianne did it, it must be good. I trust the family. Nella

avesta said...

Must try these immediately! :)

Stephanie said...

Ooh, its so pretty! the layers look so perfect! but not perfect enough that i'd feel bad tearing into it with a fork :)

Risa said...

These look amazing!!!! I have to try them.

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks incredible. It would be great with a glass of milk! I think I am going to go ask my mom to make this for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - those look so rich and delicious! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, all of these bars sound incredible! I guess this is the place to come for unique desserts. ...so tasty, and I love the sound of those snicker brownies!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

This is making me drool right now!!! I love this flavor combo!!!

Elyse said...

I was just browsing through your blog--which I love, by the way--and found these gems! Um, YUM! I cannot wait to try these bars. They sound out-of-this-world good! Can't wait to keep up with your blog!

Anonymous said...

Good god, these look amazing. What a dessert! (I'm crying, because I'm allergic to peanut butter)

oneordinaryday said...

Yikes.
I just found this picture when I was sidetracked en route to your snickerdoodles bars and now I'm torn. I'm having a hard time finding the recipe though.
If you could see the baking desperation taking hold here......

UPrinting said...

Oh that's so pretty! Especially when you look at it's cross-section view. You can see every ingredient used to make it. And are those peanut butter cups on top? This is just heavenly! :D