Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lipsmacking goodness is right!

A couple of weeks when I blogged about making my Butterscotch Marshmallow  DSC00971Brownies with Butterscotch Ganache Lori left me a comment about having an amazing butterscotch bar recipe.  Well, I wasn't about to let her get off teasing me like that so I demanded, er commented that I would love to have the recipe.  Ask and you shall receive!   That very same day she blogged about them and posted the recipe.  She was right these bars are A-mazing!  We loved them! (I don't count Babygirl's opinion because she just likes to be difficult! Paybacks...for those of you who do not have children and intend to someday hope you were good!)  Okay, now listen to this name, Browned Butter Oat Bars!  I don't know about you but once I read browned butter I was done!  That name has something for everyone. For those of you who are on a health kick you have oats.  LOL!  And the "bars" part of the name appeals to those of us who want easy.

          DSC00982

I have another yummy recipe coming from a fellow blogger. It's baking as we speak.  While I haven't tasted it yet it's smells great! Stay tuned!

22 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! that sounds delicious!! i love butterscotch!

Donna-FFW said...

So So So trying these for my 4 children. They are going to LOOOOve them. me too, I admit.

Anonymous said...

Oats, butterscotch....what's not to love?? These looks fantastic and I am going to be trying them for sure. You always have really good recipes that appeal to me...thanks :-)

grace said...

aside from snickerdoodles, my favorite cookie is the oatmeal scotchie. this is pretty much that, but in bar form. i love it. ;)

Jamie said...

Those look amazing!

Reeni said...

They look scrumptious!! Brown butter and oats, I'm smitten!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I am all over this. I LOVEEEE butterscotch.

You? Demanding? Never. :) You just know how to get what you want!

Jodi said...

Hi Ingrid!

I follow Lori's blog too, but I'm so glad you posted this because I am hoping (after going to the grocery store) to make some butterscotch blondies and will probably have some leftover chips, so this would be perfect. I also saw butterscotch/oatmeal cookies on Maria's "Two Peas and Their Pod." You should check out that recipe if you don't already follow her blog.

Have a great day!

Lori said...

Your on a bar kick and I am on a muffin kick- too funny!

The bars look amazing. I am so glad you liked them. THey are so flavorful. Now the Peanut Butter Mousse ones look pretty darn good too!

lorilipsmackerz@gmail.com should work. I wonder why it got tossed back to you?

Maria said...

I posted butterscotch cookies today...I love that flavor. I can't wait to try these bars! They look amazing!

Anonymous said...

You had me at Browned butter! :P I love oaty bars too so a great combination!

test it comm said...

Those butterscotch bars do look good!

Bunny said...

Oh brown butter...I have visions of yumminess in my head, they look teerific!!

Jaime said...

wow those look amazing!!! i love browned butter

Abby said...

Hey! Yes - I am near Charlotte - about 45 minutes north in Winston-Salem - the home of RJ Reynolds, Hanes underwear and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! (Also Wachovia, originally, but that didn't turn out so well, did it?! Ha.)

Rosie said...

Oh wow those butterscotch bars look amazing!!

Rosie x

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Thank you for mentioning my snickerdoodle blondies on Peabody's blog. I could tell you were defending my honor a bit ;-) Her bars do look good though. I just think you're awesome!

Oh and these bars? I love anything with brown butter and if I made these, I'd probably eat the whole pan. Mine! Mine!

CM said...

These look delicious, and sound yummy... I love brown butter, but never seem to have a good excuse to make it at home. This would be a great excuse!
Personally, I'd probably ditch the butterscotch chips and would infuse the brown butter with cinnamon and orange... mmmmmm!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Omg butterscotch all over the blogosphere! I better jump on that!

PS: The calzone fed me, my b/f, AND my parents! :)

Sara said...

Yum, these look great. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Susan @ SGCC said...

Those look seriously good! I love the close up side shot! I could definitely see having a big hunk for breakfast. Hey- it's got oats in it, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I am salivating. These look and sound amazing.