Saturday, December 20, 2008

Overnight Eggnog Coffee Cake with Nog Drizzle

DSC00768In an earlier post this week I mentioned making this cake along with homemade marshmallows.  I didn't want it to get passed up in case you guys missed my updates to that previous post so I'm giving it its own!   Here's the recipe and photos which I first drooled over on The Recipe Girl.

 DSC00764

Did I mention this cake was perfectly moist and dense? Both the drizzle and the topping were amazing!  The nog drizzle would be a tasty addition to  any eggnog treat or just by the spoonfuls!

DSC00772 Sorry about the above crappy photo.  I improved it as best I could using Picasa.

Please check out the updates and additional photos I added to my two previous posts!  Thanks and THANK YOU for all the lovely and encouraging comments.  You guys really do ROCK! 

LiveJournal Tags: ,

10 comments:

Reeni said...

It turned out gorgeous! It does look really moist and dense, yum. You did an awesome job!

Cristine said...

Two of my favorite things... eggnog and coffeecake! This would be a wonderful Christmas breakfast!

Anonymous said...

Oh YUMMY! That looks absolutely perfect for Christmas morning!!

Jaime said...

oh wow! my hubby would love this!

Bunny said...

I'm making this!!!! This is incredible!!!!!

whitneyingram said...

I am not a huge eggnog fan, but something about this cake is making me think twice. Looks so moist and rich!

Honeyed Hashette said...

This looks and SOUNDS amazing! Yum! Yum!

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Wow! This is wonderful looking. It reminds me of a Tres Leche cake, but only holidayish. Awesome post!

Eunice said...

I love this!!!!! you are amazing!!! merry christmas! :D

Anonymous said...

That looks so wonderfully moist and a real showstopper, I could just bite into that picture of the slice!