Sunday, December 7, 2008

Look what my Honey & Babygirl have been up to

DSC00649

                                        Gooey Butter Coffee Cake

DSC00731 

They decorated  our house.  Babygirl is a serious Daddy's girl and she helped him on Friday put up all the lights and decorate the tree inside.  The above photo is from Saturday night and the one underneath here is from tonight after we added some more white lights.  Babygirl thinks we need more but I say it's just right.  I prefer all one color but Joe decided to surprise me with some color and added the green and red candy canes.  What do you think?

DSC00737

Here they are cooking it up in the kitchen as well.  Who do you think is helping who?

           DSC00639 

           DSC00645

They made the gooey butter coffee cake found here.  Joe heard about a gooey butter cake from St. Louis on the radio and came home talking about it.  He actually searched online for a recipe and also read the history of the cake.  I think it was the  gooey butter part that got his attention.  The cake was VERY sweet and might have been a tad over cooked but was still pretty gooey.  If you decide to give the recipe a try I would suggest cutting back on the powdered sugar by at least 1 cup. 

DSC00643

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC00644

20 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I think it's the perfect mix of lights!

Nicole said...

aww the lights look just right!

Ramya Kiran said...

wow, looks cool and yummy!!

Bridget said...

That gooey butter coffee cake looks SO yummy! Wish I could reach right through the screen!

Leslie said...

Ohhh yes..I am an ALL WHITE lights girl too..and my husband likes colored, so we compromise and use ALL WHITE!!LOL
I love any and all Gooey Butter cakes!!

Reeni said...

I love the lights. I think their perfect! Just a little bit of color in the right places. Very beautiful. Gooey butter cake beautiful too. YUM!!

grace said...

gooey butter cake is hard to beat, especially if it's been made by your loved ones. :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet that she helped him decorate! They did a great job- I like the candy canes!

Sandie said...

Wow, that Gooey Butter Coffee Cake looks pretty darn amazing! From St. Louis on the radio, huh? (Gonna have to start firing up the old XM a little more often...)

Bunny said...

I love that cake! I made a St Louis butter cake once that you made in a spring form pan, a recipe that was suppose to have been like the ones made in the bakeries there but I goofed up some how and it didn't turn out the way it was suppose to. I like this version better!

Rachel said...

The lights are so pretty! We have quite a few vacation homes on our block, so not many are lit up...our house is a little oasis of lights! How sweet that your husband and daughter worked together on the lights and the cake. That second-to-last photo is especially great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Ingrid! That said, what adorable photos of your hubby and baby girl baking, not to mention, their gooey butter coffee cake looks AMAZING, as do ALL of your photographs :) LOVE the X-Mas lights too! I hope I'm not stuck here through X-Mas. I should know by Friday what the prognosis and next step is.

Jaime said...

gooey butter cakes are very good, but they are also very sweet!

Cristine said...

The lights and the cake look great!!!

Pam said...

Gooey butter coffee cake? Oh my that sounds fantastic! Your house looks great - very festive.

The Blonde Duck said...

Ingrid,

I appreciate the offer! Right now I've been engrossed in getting the Christmas book ready to be published this weekend! I'm doing it through Lulu so I spent five hours last night fighting spacing in the program so it didn't look ridiculous. New Twirl tommorow! (Yes, that's the next book!) :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think you'll enjoy the peppermint bark brownies. I like your festive Christmas lights - reminds me of my Southern California childhood (lights, no snow)!

Anonymous said...

Love your decorations- It's so festive, but not over the top. :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hey, guys!

I had written each of you an individual comment back but somehow I deleted it?!! Sorry!

For those of you that are new visiting here, WELCOME and thank you for taking a moment to visit and comment. Please, come again!

For those of you who visit often... as always thank you for your thoughtful comments, encouragements, and tips!! You ROCK!
~ingrid

avesta said...

Love your house decor and it's so cool to see your family...I'm trying to catch up now that I'm almost done with all my catering craziness! :)