Monday, September 29, 2008

Soup's on with the Supper Club

I'm gonna make this short, sweet, and soupy.  Several weeks ago Molly from Batter Splattered  posted an "invitation to dinner" inquiring if any one was interested in making the same dish every week and then blogging about their results.  Sorta like Tuesday's With Dorie or the Daring Bakers but in this our case it would be savory dishes as opposed to their sweet ones.  There were several of us interested and so it began with emails back and forth discussing how we would go about choosing dishes and posting.  So, without further ado.............

Dish #1 Cheese and Potato Soup

DSC00365

I didn't make any changes to the recipe other than to double everything except the celery (I'm not a fan) and using half Sharp Cheddar and half four Mexican Cheese blend.   Along with the soup I served a crusty five grain bread baguette from Publix.  While Babygirl was ladling out the soup I put the bread in the oven to warm it up a bit.  Did I like the soup?  Yes.  Was it the best potato soup I ever had?  No. 

Please go visit Molly at Batter Splattered.  She is gathering all of our versions of the soup.

LiveJournal Tags: ,,

4 comments:

MoonlitKnit said...

Looks delish! The cheese gives your's a great hue.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Monnlitknit~
Thank you and thanks for stopping!
~ingrid

Natalie Que said...

What a fun idea! I think it looks really great, I'm such a soup fan it's not even funny.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

hot garlic~
Hi, thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm not a huge fan of soup but my children are so I'm learning to like 'em a bit more.

BTW, you have a terrific blog; funny, great pictures, and yummy recipes!
~ingrid