Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another The Crepes of Wrath recipe!

Sydney over at The Crepes of Wrath has a plethora of wonderful recipes both savory and sweet.  I've yet to try one of the savory recipes but I've printed a few out and added them to my must make pile.  I'm in the middle of football and baseball season, my children are lucky to eat!  I have though tried several of the sweet recipes and all were huge hits! 

The most recent one I've tried was Caramelized Banana Brownies with Peanut Butter Sweet Cream Frosting.  That is a mouthful!  Can you say that 5 times fast?  DSC00297

I followed the recipe and only made one very minor change... I didn't use the frosting on the brownies.  I made it and if you're a fan of cream cheese and or peanut butter it's a must try but I didn't use it!  The caramelized banana mixture was OUTSTANDING and tasted so good with the brownies  I couldn't  "mess" it up by adding frosting.  Try the recipe you'll see what I mean. 

Because I didn't want the kids diving into the brownies before I could take (good daylight )photos I toasted up a couple of bagels and slathered them with the left over banana mixture.  Talk about good......the kids didn't even ask for a taste of the brownies.  They were willing to wait until the next day so that I could take my photos during the daytime.  They even asked for "bagels and bananas" as they called it the next morning!  The peanut butter sweet cream frosting was also a yummy addition to bagels though most of it got eaten straight out of the bowl or was put on whatever else was handy.

I only posted one photo because after looking at all the pictures I had taken I realized that the plate I used was distracting!   This was the best one out of the lot of about 20!  BOO-HOO!  Just when I thought I was getting better!

Coming up next...Snickerdoodle BARS from Julia at Dozen Flours and a few books!  I got in 3 new cookbooks and Tess Gerritsen's new thriller The Keepsake!

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I may have to make that banana mixture to throw on some bagels myself! That sounds insanely good!!

Pumpkin said...

Oh, those brownies look fabulous! I love bananas and chocolate!

(PS- I added you to my blogroll!)

Anonymous said...

Bananas and chocolate is one of my favorite combos! These brownies look and sound so great, they're going straight into my to do list. Thanks!

Fran Z said...

oh- friggin' YUM!!!!!

Jin Hooi said...

Yummy!! Btw, i have an award for you ;-)

grace said...

oh me. oh my. these sound incredible! meanwhile, i love that you distracted your kids so you could get a good blog picture. :)
oh, and i'm so excited to read tess gerritsen's new book! :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

the crepes of wrath~
Seriously that banana cream cheese mixture is GOOOOD!
~ingrid

pumpkin~
Thanks! That's pretty awesome to see my blog on someone else's blogroll!
~ingrid

miri~
Thanks and thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!
~ingrid

fran z~
LOL, thanks!
~ingrid

jin hooi~
Thanks for checking out my blog and for the award!! How cool is that my first bloggin award?!
~ingrid

grace~
The brownies are good on their own but the banana mixture puts them over the top. I'm such a dope....I managed to distract the kids and then STILL didn't get good photos! I have about 50 more pages of Gerritsen's new book, it's GREAT! Have you started it yet?

BTW, thanks for coming by and checking out my blog!
~ingrid

Clumbsy Cookie said...

OMG! I want those brownies!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

clumbsy cookie~
I don't have any more brownie but if you come on by I have some yummy butterfinger blondies. Oh, and you better come quick 'cause the kids are eyeing 'em up!
~ingrid

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

These look really good! What a great combo with pb, banana, and chocolate! Yum!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

satisfying my sweet tooth~
Hello, thank you for visiting my blog!
~ingrid