Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cookies & Cream Rice Krispy Treats

I made these cookies and cream rice krispy treats treats last Sunday for Devon and three of his DSC02241football buddies that were coming over for dinner and to spend the night. To say that the boys liked the treats would be a huge understatement.  They tore into them and had eaten all but four of the treats by the following morning.  I know you’re thinking well, it was four boys but they didn’t start eating the treats until after 8:30pm and they also each had a piece (or two) of the ice cream cake I made!  (That post soon to come.)

DSC02238

While I didn’t follow her recipe I did take inspiration fromDSC02237 Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.  I initially was going to give it to you but instead I’m just going to tell you to check out your Rice Krispies box.  The one thing I do differently when making rice krispy treats is I always increase the amount of marshmallows.  Marshmallows are what makes the treats so yummy, be generous.  For this batch I added another half a bag of marshmallows and about two rows of oreo cookies that I cut into quarters.   I didn’t want a strong chocolaty flavor and  I wanted to have oreo cookie chunks so I was careful not to add any of the oreo crumbs.

DSC02233

Do you like oreos?  Do you like rice krispy treats? Then I recommend giving this a try and if you are super keen on chocolate, up the oreos, add the crumbs, and use Cocoa Krispies.  For all of Sunday and Monday I was “d’man”!  All three of the boys went home talking about my cookies and cream rice krispy treats!  One of the boys even went so far as to hide one of the treats so he could bring it home for his parents to try.  :)

DSC02236

Post a Comment