Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Guess what?

I have MORE photos! Two to be exact. These are pictures of my graduation cake from Wilton's Cake Decorating Class I. I'm not satisfied with the final cake but considering how unstructured things were in class I'm not totally embarrassed to post the pictures.

Unfortunately the pictures are not as nicely done as the ones that are posted on the sites that I LOVE but hey it's a start. The colors on the cake are difficult to make out. The roses (done all by myself w/frosting too stiff) and top border (dots) are blue. The vines, leaves, and lettering are green and the bottom shell border is purple.
Okay, I'll say it again.....I need feedback!!! In order to get better I need to hear/read your comments. You won't hurt my feelings. Plus it gets kinda boring talking to myself! :-)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ingrid, sorry i haven't commented lately! Busy traveling. I love the cake! I signed up for the july decorating classes. Last week we did nothing but this week we are making a rainbow cake! Again yours looks awesome! Caitycake

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hi, Caity!
Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad your taking the class. It seems as if you have a good instructor that stays on course. We never really made anything except for the cake you just saw. I'm hoping my instructor does better with course II.
Hey, be sure and post some photos of you cakes!
Ingrid

Jaime said...

beautiful cake! i need to take a decorating course, as my cake decorating skills leave a lot to be desired!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Jaime, thank you! It's actually both difficult and easy all at the same time! Practice and a good instructor is key. It also helps if the frosting/icing is the right consistency.
:-)Ingrid