Friday, July 11, 2008

Crazy week

Okay, it's been pretty crazy around here and when I've had a free moment and it's only been a moment, believe me, I've just been too tired.

Last week I mentioned the awesome blog, BakingBlonde in my post. I made one of her recipes and was not disappointed! I had never had a blondie before and after trying one could not understand what took me so long. I made mine with white chocolate chips, toffee bits,and macadamias nuts. The only problem I had was the one I created myself when I over did it with Pam. Sorry, I had every intention of taking some pictures but I'm still a newbie at this, baking, photo taking, posting, and blogging thing, that I forget to take my camera into the kitchen with me. It also doesn't help that the kids tend to hover around when they smell all the yumminess coming from the oven. I actually made these for a 4th of July block party. Well, guess what? They were the only dessert to be totally eaten!

On Monday (7/7) I started Wilton's Course II. My instructor was prepared and did not bring her children or get off track. Maybe it wasn't a mistake to continue on with her. This class is working with royal icing and making lots of flowers. At the end of it I'm supposed to transform a two layer cake into a basket filled with flowers and two birds.

On Wednesday (7/8) I found another good blog, The Crepes of Wrath. I scrolled through most the recipes and they seem doable. I am as always most interested in the desserts. I tried this one Simple S'mores. I love desserts with melted marshmallows. I love their melty gooeyness. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. I took them on Thursday to our Sting (Devon's teammates, their parents,and coaches) family and it got a thumbs up! Once again, I failed to take any pictures and I finally found one of the digital ones. I now have two so I really don't have an excuse anymore.

No comments: