Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Still no camera!

I still have not found my camera. It's such a bummer! I haven't really wanted to post anything.....it's just not the same with out pix. I've actually had a baseball and baking filled week since my last post.


Baseball: Devon's team, the Central Florida Sting WON! Yea! They played in a wood bat tournament in Lakeland which is easily an hour and a half from home. Unfortunately, Jalen's team, the Central Florida Patriots lost in the quarterfinals. On Saturday Jalen played at 9 & 11am in Altamonte and then I went to Devon's games which were at 3 & 5pm. Now that's ALOT of baseball.

Babygirl had her first gymnastics meet on Saturday. She did really well considering she only goes once a week for an hour and a half. Her best event was the bars. She got a 9.7! She got a 9.1 on the beam which was her lowest score. She also got a 9.4 & a 9.6 on two other events. Not too shabby!!!!! GO McKENNA!!!!

Baking: Last Wednesday I made Pillsbury's Easy Caramel Sticky Buns. I used their biscuits for the dough. Not only were they good but they were easy. The kids and their friend Nick said it was a keeper recipe.

Friday I spent making buttercream and practising my piping skills. The roses, well they looked "flowerish". That's the best description. I better keep practising...............

On Sunday I made Bakerella's Peanut Butter Cake. I generally don't like chocolate cake but the peanut butter cups made this cake outstanding. Now for the down side. I didn't line my new NONstick pans. I only sprayed in with Pam and the cake stuck to the pan. I was able to salvage the cake but then my frosting was grainy and looked a little oily. Even though it wasn't smooth it still tasted fine. The next thing that went wrong was the chopped peanut butter cups did NOT want to stick to the cake. I had to put the frosted cake in the fridge for a about 15 minutes and then "glue" the peanut butter cup pieces with left over frosting. Eventually I was done but not satisfied. I think I've learned from my mistakes and will try this one again. The hardest thing for me right now with my baking is timing and because I time this wrong I get impatient and make mistakes!

On Monday I had another cake decorating class, it was good but I don't think it's going the way it should go. The teacher is nice and she seems to know what SHE'S doing but she is kind of lax and I'm not sure I'm learning ALL that I need to learn. I did torte and decorate a cake. It came out pretty well. I wasn't embarrassed to show it and actually took it into work today. Does that mean I'm learning something? Or does that mean what little natural talent I have is coming through? I KNOW I'm not going to be able to wing the roses as I've practiced at home and they are very difficult.

I wish I had pix to post. I'm almost to the point of buying a new camera.

No comments: