Monday, June 9, 2008

Cake decorating class

Well, tonight was my first Wilton cake decorating class at Michael's. It was okay. I am waiting until the last class before I make a final judgement. The instructor had some issues but was very personable and seemed to know what she was doing. Hopefully she will be able to impart some of that knowledge on to us. There is only one other person in the class which is nice....more one on one time. She seems very nice. The one thing that was clear is that piping is much more difficult than it looks. I am definitely going to have to practice. Oh, I don't like that I have to use the Wilton recipe for buttercream or that we only use buttercream. I know that pastry artist use more than just that but I guess it's the easiest to use, learn with, and make. I'm still excited....
Post a Comment