Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh,baby! Oh, Nuts!

About 2 weeks ago I received an email from a gentleman named Sam . Sam's email explained that he was doing some marketing for Oh,Nuts! and wanted to know if I was interested in sampling some of their products. I was leery and checked around to see how true and safe the offer was. I found quite a few blogs that had received the same offer and all seemed well. I didn't want to give me home address so I emailed back a "heck, yeah, I'd like some free nuts" and gave Sam my work address. About a DSC00631week later this is what I got........

* Cinnamon Pecans 1 lb.
* Jumbo Raw Georgia Pecans 1 lb.
* Roasted Salted Pistachios 1 lb.
* Toffee Pecan Cinnamon Buns 1 lb.

The day I received the package I opened the bags of Cinnamon Pecans and Toffee Pecan Cinnamon Buns. The bag of Cinnamon Pecans? Gone, by Saturday afternoon! They were so goooooood. I really wanted to try and save some to throw in a batch of Blondies but it just didn't happen. Sorry, Sam, I really wish I could say I was half as crazy for the Toffee Pecan Cinnamon Buns as I was for the other "flavored" pecans but I can't. They were just okay. I personally thought the ratio of coating to nut was too high. I haven't opened the other two bags yet but I've got a few ideas kicking around for them. I'm thinking I haven't made Pecan pies before and I just saw on Avesta's Check It Out a recipe for minis. For the pistachios I'm thinking the Greenies that Clumsby Cookie made earlier this year and then saw again on The Crepes of Wrath. She added marshmallows to hers! See why I love her?

So, what do you think? Neither recipe is going to use up all of the nuts, ha-ha! (I've been cracking up every time I type the word nuts. Stupid yes, but I have 6 brothers and have been exposed to many "man" jokes! They keep running through my head! LOL!) Any ideas on what else would be tasty with Jumbo Georgia Pecans or Pistachios added to it? Also, what to do with those Toffee pecan Cinnamon Buns? Help!

LiveJournal Tags:

10 comments:

avesta said...

Make some homemade cinnamon rolls! Or put them in a brownie! I know you've got some good brownie recipes!!! :) btw...I'm so jel!!!! I love me some nuts!!!

Bridget said...

LUCKY you!!! Wow...How do I get on this list?!? ;)

The Blonde Duck said...

Tell Sam I want some nuts!!

I am a really big reader. I read anything I can get my hands on and desperately need to make another library run...Normally, I read young adult or middle grade fiction, along with some romance books my Mom gives me. I like the adventurous, mysterious romance books though--a straight romance where the girl whines about a guy for 300 pages makes me want to pluck out my eyeballs.

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

lucky! That is such a fun little package to receive.

I would much rather have peacocks than alligators, by the way! How funny though!

Anonymous said...

All of those flavors sound delicious! And thanks for linking me :)

Amy said...

Lucky you to get all those great looking nuts! Pecan pie is always yummy!

grace said...

i tend to giggle at the word "nuts" too...i guess i'm like a 12-year-old boy at heart. :) toffee pecan cinnamon buns? yes please!!

Aimée said...

Sweet! I could go for an offer like this! You are wise to be cautious, but it looks like this one worked out in your favor.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

avesta~
Thanks for the idea...I'm waiting for Nella to give me a lesson, first. I'm not that good girl!

I'm fairly certain, nuts are in your future!
~ingrid

bridget~
Thanks, I don't know how I got lucky.
~ingrid

the blonde duck~
I told Sam you want nuts!

What ya reading, now? Anything good? I'm trying to read a good story called Twirl but someone won't play nice and share more of it with me! LOL! hint-hint!
~ingrid

satisfying my sweet tooth~
Thanks, it is a lot of fun receiving packages.

Me, too, I'd rather almost anything over alligators. Did I mention FL is the bug capital of the WORLD, too! YUCK!
~ingrid

sydney~
You're welcome, but I don't get it! what did I do?
~ingrid

amy~
Hi, thanks and thank you for visiting!
~ingrid

grace~
LOL! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I didn't like that one too much nor did anyone else in the house. I opened them already otherwise I'd pawn the off on you.
~ingrid

aimee~
First I was excited then worried but I figured I'd let some of my co-workers try 'em out. If they came in the next day (drats) than all was well. Just kidding! LOL!
~ingrid

Jaime said...

i got some of their stuff too...it's fun to get free stuff isn't it? :)