Sunday, August 19, 2012

Brown Butter Cinnamon Spice Rice Krispy

You know how people say they wish they had scratch and sniff monitors? Well this is one of those treats that makes me wish you did. They don’t look much but they smell and taste JUST.LIKE.FALL.

bb cinnamon spice rice krispy treats-6628

I thought Smitten Kitchen’s salted brown butter rice krispy treats were wonderful but the cinnamon spice takes these to a whole other level, a warm slightly spicy Fall level.  I’m not the only one who thought so.  Several of my co-workers said the same.

bb cinnamon spice rice krispy treats-

 

Monica  initially enticed me with her post but the recipe comes from another great blog, Let’s Dish.  I followed Monica’s adaption but made one change.  I whisked the spices into the browned butter instead of adding them to the marshmallows.  Having made them once there is one more change I’d make.  I’d add more marshmallows!  Just a handful, tiny bit more.  I LOVE rice krispy treats when they’re sticky and gooey with extra melty marshmallow goodness! 


For those of you that have been long time readers of 3Bs and may have links to the blog or blog posts those are no longer good.  I’m sorry for the inconvenience.  Someone decided that they liked my domain name so much they bought it out from underneath me but I can buy it back for only $8,800!! 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you liked them! I LOVE the photos! And extra marshmallows is never a bad idea. :)

Monica H said...

more marshmallows is always a good idea!

so glad you liked them. LOVE your cake stand by the way. jealous :-)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see you back in action!!! I hope you get the blog thing figured out soon!

Annette @LosingYourBelly said...

These rice krispie treats we a huge hit with the family this weekend, thanks so much!