Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It’s Snowing in Florida….

Here are photos  of the snow flakes I received.  They came from Texas.  :)

snow flake cookies3

For those that are new to my blog you may not know that cookies and me don’t get along.  Actually I don’t have a problem with cookies.  It’s the cookie baking that I have issues with.  And not issues like I can’t bake them.  It’s more like I don’t like to bake them. Now don’t get me wrong I like eating them just fine but I’d much rather bake something else.  Give me cake, ice cream, cupcakes, brownies, blondies, cinnamon rolls anything but cookies. (Bars are probably me favorite.  So quick. So easy. Sooo  good.)  Until this Christmas I couldn’t tell you when the last time it was that I baked cookies.  (More coming on those.) The closest I’ve  come to cookies were these snickerdoodle blossoms and the pizzookies

snow flake cookies

I have to be honest, I had high hopes that someone would take pity (Donna!) on my cookieless self and spend me a few.  :) Well, for New Year’s I received snow flakes from Texas!  Monica from Lick the Bowl Good sent me these beauties!  Not only were they gorgeous but they tasted wonderful!  I can’t begin to tell you how excited the kids were to see the cookies, you would have thought Monica sent the cookies to them.  I hated to break it them…..but no guys Miss Monica did NOT send you the cookies.  She sent them for Mommy.  You should have heard them arguing with me about that and about how I should share,  and blah, blah, blah!  :)  I shared but I wasn’t happy.

snow flake cookies4

Visit Monica’s post here if you’d like the recipe.  If I want firm but tender flavorful sugar cookies I can bake them myself but if I want delicious AND beautiful ones I’ll call Monica!  Thanks for the snow flakes Monica!  Oh, and Babygirl said you can send cookies anytime you want!  :)

snow flake cookies2

*All the photos were courtesy of Monica.  There was no time for photo taking and the kids were NOT going to be put off.  You would think  we never have cookies! :)

Post a Comment