Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It’s Snowing in Florida….

Here are photos  of the snow flakes I received.  They came from Texas.  :)

snow flake cookies3

For those that are new to my blog you may not know that cookies and me don’t get along.  Actually I don’t have a problem with cookies.  It’s the cookie baking that I have issues with.  And not issues like I can’t bake them.  It’s more like I don’t like to bake them. Now don’t get me wrong I like eating them just fine but I’d much rather bake something else.  Give me cake, ice cream, cupcakes, brownies, blondies, cinnamon rolls anything but cookies. (Bars are probably me favorite.  So quick. So easy. Sooo  good.)  Until this Christmas I couldn’t tell you when the last time it was that I baked cookies.  (More coming on those.) The closest I’ve  come to cookies were these snickerdoodle blossoms and the pizzookies

snow flake cookies

I have to be honest, I had high hopes that someone would take pity (Donna!) on my cookieless self and spend me a few.  :) Well, for New Year’s I received snow flakes from Texas!  Monica from Lick the Bowl Good sent me these beauties!  Not only were they gorgeous but they tasted wonderful!  I can’t begin to tell you how excited the kids were to see the cookies, you would have thought Monica sent the cookies to them.  I hated to break it them…..but no guys Miss Monica did NOT send you the cookies.  She sent them for Mommy.  You should have heard them arguing with me about that and about how I should share,  and blah, blah, blah!  :)  I shared but I wasn’t happy.

snow flake cookies4

Visit Monica’s post here if you’d like the recipe.  If I want firm but tender flavorful sugar cookies I can bake them myself but if I want delicious AND beautiful ones I’ll call Monica!  Thanks for the snow flakes Monica!  Oh, and Babygirl said you can send cookies anytime you want!  :)

snow flake cookies2

*All the photos were courtesy of Monica.  There was no time for photo taking and the kids were NOT going to be put off.  You would think  we never have cookies! :)

42 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They are so pretty!

Cheers,

Rosa

Memória said...

That's so sweet of her! the cookies look delicious. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I wouldn't want to share them either.

Monica H said...

I'm so glad you liked them, even if you did have to share. Those pesky kids :-)

And I surely wasn't expecting a whole post dedicated to these cookies either. wow, thanks!

I'll keep the cookies coming if you send me a snickerdoodle bundt. deal? ha ha!

Coleens Recipes said...

How pretty!! And what a nice present!!!

Unknown said...

Wow.. you've got a great friend in Monica, I must say! So sweet of her! And I agree, sometimes cookies just seem like too-much-work!

White Toast with Butter said...

Ingrid tell Monica, I'll post, facebook and twitter (to all my four followers) if you send me cookies! Ha ha.

It's nice to have good friends and beautiful cookies!

Heather Baird said...

Those are so pretty! And you know those had to take a while to decorate. That was so nice of her!

cookies and cups said...

HAHA! I love it ~ bars are the best!!! Nnd what a sweetie that Monica! They look gorgeous and I can only imagine that they taste as good as they look!

oneordinaryday said...

Oooh. They are gorgeous and yummy-looking. Lucky you!!! I was just about to comment on your super photos when I got to the part that gives Monica credit for those too. LOL I love that one where the center cookie is in focus and the others aren't. Very nice.

Miranda said...

Ingrid,
These are beautiful. You can ship a few to MI. HA!
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful.

Debbie said...

They look so good and Monica is so sweet and thoughtful!!!

Valerie said...

Those cookies are GORGEOUS! Lucky you. :)

Mimi said...

You are one lucky girl! Those cookies look beautiful. I think Monica's in trouble because now we are all waiting for our cookies.
Mimi

Delicious Dishings said...

I've started realizing lately that I am the same way. I would so much rather bake a cake or cupcakes or make ice cream (now that I have an ice cream maker) than bake cookies.

grace said...

no doubt about it--this is the kind of snowflake i prefer. and they're even better if someone else makes them for you! what a great gift. :)

teresa said...

what a wonderful thing to get, they are adorable!

Dandy said...

Those are totally gorgeous!!

Katy ~ said...

Edible art! What a friend you have to send you such BEAUTIFUL cookies. I have to LOL about your children. I can imagine they were absolutely jumping with delight and anticipation.

lisa @ dandysugar said...

These are so beautiful--you are so LUCKY! How adorable. Happy new Year to you!!

Donna-FFW said...

Everything Monica makes is beautiful. Lucky lucky you.

I will make it up to you.. the no cookie issue, promise.

Jana said...

Im always afraid to mail food, now you got my brain tickin, I think I may be able to send some yummy things out every once in awhile! of course mine wont be nearly as cute as those! how does anyone make cookies so pretty? mine are always more for chewing on than looking at AND chewing on....she is really talented!

Reeni said...

Those are gorgeous!

Keeley said...

Monica does such a great job with decorating her desserts. It's nice that you are friends IRL. Now, by the title of your post I thought it really WAS snowing in FL! We've been stuck in record breaking cold up here in DE for about a month. I'm looking forward to summer!

Lori said...

Yum, my absolute favorite cookie, well besides molasses. These are adorable.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Oh am admiring Monica's cookies...they are so oo beutiful...and am smiling ir rather frinning from ear to ear too...why?
Coz of ur really so sweet account of ur relationship with cookies...oh yeah Donna bakes a blizzard of cookies-a very very evry yummy one...and have to tell u all ur other bakes are amazing...lovely blog here....

Faith said...

Gorgeous cookies, Ingrid! If only all snow looked (and tasted!) that good! :) Happy Friday!

Eliana said...

These cookies look wonderful. Can we somehow make it snow just like this in NYC?

cindy* said...

these are beautiful! what a sweet friend :)

Elle Bee said...

What beautiful snowflake cookies! I wish I could decorate my sugar cookies so expertly. Mine turn out looking so gloppy! :o) It's nice to have friends take care of you!

The Blonde Duck said...

Those are gorgeous! I'm impressed!

Pumpkin said...

What gorgeous cookies! Almost too pretty to eat... Almost. Heehee!
And just in time for that sprinkling of REAL snow we got here in Florida! :)

Barbara said...

I love that kind of snowflake! Good to eat and not cold!

Julie said...

Hmm, how does one get on that mailing list? Hehe...they really are beautiful. She does an awesome job.

Steph said...

Ingrid, these are too pretty. I hope I will be able to decorate as well as Monica one day. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I haven't been able to read blogs in a month now and I'm catching up!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, those cookies do look amazing. I will have to send you something soon, won't I? LOL A New Year's promise!

That said, I never knew you didn't like baking cookies..but then again, you never seemed to be baking any when we've talked LOL

Nicole Feliciano said...

Cookies I can do, but cakes are a disaster for me. thanks for these pretty pictures.

Abby said...

Gor. Geous.

Mermaid Sews said...

Man those are beautiful, Monica is awesome. I agree with you bars are better. Thanks for the sweet comments.

Robin said...

Cookies in the mail from a friend, lucky you!! I can't believe they are in one piece too. I would love to know how she packaged them?? Cookies are a pain to make until I found that sugar cookie bar recipe that went all over the web last year. So much easier!

Dianne said...

Beautiful cookies!

sanjeet said...

love that kind of snowflake! Good to eat and not cold!

Work from home India

sewa mobil di surabaya said...

I love that kind of snowflake! Good to eat and not cold!