Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Cobbler

This is one of those recipes that I made  and really liked but wasn’t happy with the photos.  Here’s the thing about this pumpkin cobbler, it was very good and very easy and I feel kinda bad about not sharing it.  DSC02494

My only complaint is that you can’t eat it hot.  It’s  best baked the night before and eaten (in my opinion) at DSC02495room temperature, you bake it in a 9x13 pan so it travels well, and it uses a cake mix.  See what I mean?  It would have been  wrong for me to keep this to myself.  Other than refraining from trying to eat it before it has TOTALLY cooled to room temperature this is a winner.   Seriously, don’t do like I did and try eating it hot.  Like with everything I bake,  we tried eating this bad boy piping hot out of the oven and all we got was a burnt tongue and disappointment.  The pumpkin was “watery” and had not set up as you can kind of see in my photos but the following day it was a whole different dessert.  It was so good the following day that by the time I got home all but a sorry looking corner was left.

Here’s a few more thoughts on this recipe which I found on the blog, Me and My Pink Mixer (Check her out. She has a couple of other pumpkin recipes, like pumpkin cheesecake minis!). Like all my favorite recipes it is easily adapted to suit your taste.  Don’t want to use a box mix?  No problem; make your own cobbler or better yet how about more of a crisp. Don’t like yellow cake mix?  Try a spice.  Don’t hate pecans but love walnuts?  Add them.  You see where I’m going with this? 

**********************************************************

On Thursday I’ll be giving thanks for many things (family, health, the Yankees winning the World Series! ) one of which will be for you.  For the hand of friendship you have extended to me and for the time you take out of your busy day to leave me thoughtful and encouraging comments. I appreciate each one and they (you!) make my day.  I hope you have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

Technorati Tags: ,
Post a Comment